Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breville Dual Boiler + Smart Grinder bundle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville Dual Boiler + Smart Grinder bundle?

Long time reader, first time poster.

Just a bit of background in what I own and use currently. I have a Presso, Nespresso Pixie, AeroPress, Hario Cold Drip, V60 and a balance syphon I never use (awful pretty though). The grinder I have is a Porlex. The coffee I buy is usually from either Kakulas or Ristretto which are both in Perth.

In the next year Ill be getting an Otto and a Portaspresso System (Otto for induction stove in my van, Portaspresso to become my overseas espresso travel machine [and because its just so damned cool and aussie made]). But I am also looking to get into a proper dedicated espresso setup so that I can make decent milk coffees for the missus and to do a bit of experimentation.

My budget is under 2k for both electric grinder and espresso machine. Keeping in line with what Ill be purchasing soon, the Australian engineered BCG800 and BES900 may fit my bill if I can get it bundled somewhere in Perth for a good price. From what I can read on the interwebs though tells me that while I may enjoy the Dual Boiler in the long-term, the same cannot be said for the Smart Grinder (grind fineness and consistency). Any help here? I guess finding the right grinder will be quite important for me because I have a large array of products that need different grinds, and sometimes Ill just be too bothered to manual grind.

Re: Breville Dual Boiler + Smart Grinder bundle?

From what I can read on the interwebs though tells me that while I may enjoy the Dual Boiler in the long-term, the same cannot be said for the Smart Grinder (grind fineness and consistency). Any help here?
    For a few extra dollars I extended the warranty out to 3 years on my smart grinder, thats a replacement warranty and not a repair as well.

If within this period my grinder doesnt perform Ill be exchanging it for a shiny new one that does.

Comment

Re: Breville Dual Boiler + Smart Grinder bundle?

If the budget extends out to it, Id say try for a K3p/t, while it may not have the fancy electronic grind timer n stuff that the BCG800 has, it is a very solid piece of kit that will last for a good long while.

if the Australian made/engineered aspect is a key thing for you, I fear that youve got the best aussie grinder in your current plan (if you get the rosco grinder with your portapresso system purchase)

only other "australian" grinders that I can think of are the Boema branded ones, and Im pretty sure theyre just rebadged

Comment

Working...
      X