Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECM Giotto boiler gauge on an Oscar

Hey all.
    I recently got a scale clogged ECM Giotto boiler pressure gauge which I successfully descaled and declogged and now want to fit it to the Oscar.
    Should I fit it to the top of the boiler so that steam pressure fills the gauge or to the bottom of the boiler so that water pressure fill the gauge? Is one or the other preferable or does it not matter?
    It seems from the photo that its attached to the top of the boiler in the Giotto (where I put the red circle), but it would be easier for me to fit it to the bottom of the boiler in the Oscar.
    Thanks!

Re: ECM Giotto boiler gauge on an Oscar

Originally posted by 3E35393127243631352738312D540 link=1330392289/0#0 date=1330392289
    I recently got a scale clogged ECM Giotto boiler pressure gauge which I successfully descaled and declogged
    congrats! now the price just went up 10x... oh wait, 10x free is still free!

Definitely go for the top so you limit the water filling the tube and gauge. I think this can cause bubbles and pockets which will affect the accuracy of the gauge.

Comment

Hey JB, without trying to upset Iain even more, just wondering how you managed to unblock the gauge?

Comment

I screwed the attachment for the t- join to the end of the gauges copper tube so it gave the copper tube a sort of funnel. Then I put a few drops of undiluted descaler into the opening of the tube, and used a cigarette lighter to heat the pipe up to make the descaler get up to temperature. Then I unravelled a paper clip to push down the pipe to help scrape and clear the scale. Worked a treat!
        Have you got a gauge you need to unblock?

Comment

Thanks JB. Ive got a blocked gauge and Ive recently got a new one from ECA. But would be nice to get the original going again too.

Comment

Ok Im crying... Ive even lost the ECM branding as the new gauge doesnt have it!

Comment

My machine isnt even an ECM so Id be happy to swap with you if you want your branding back!

Comment

hehe, nah its good! If it impacts the sale price Ill contact you in a few years! Till then you have the worlds only ECM Oscar

Comment

Surely thats gotta drive up my resale value!

Comment

Working...
                  X