Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam 6910 for $498

Hey guys,

Dont know if I am allowed to post this or not advertising a non-sponsor site, but Big W have a special deal on tonight from 7-10pm for the Sunbeam 6910 for $498. Thought some people might be keen?

Admins feel free to close this if this is not ok!

Re: Sunbeam 6910 for $498

Belongs in the entry level category now!?!

Good deal!

Comment

Yeah thought it would be more appropriate in this category though! haha! Awesome deal if someone is looking for a new or starting machine

Comment

Hi I never see them on that good a special here in NZ. BUGGER

Comment

I got mine for $670NZD a few weeks ago - an online seller had it for that and with a little gentle arm twisting the local Hardly Normal store matched it, I was quite pleased with that effort.
          (The online stores price is now back up to >1k, whereas the other place has it for $733. Still a good deal IMO for this machine on our side of the ditch).

Comment

Hi Wired did your new machine have a rounded end on the steam wand?

Comment

Originally posted by 6D7D796D3F0C0 link=1332312984/5#5 date=1332424704
              Hi Wired did your new machine have a rounded end on the steam wand?
              Hi Aqua, it does have the rounded steam nozzle.
              Had to up the steam temp & wetness to hottest and wettest for best performance though, and the brew temperature to +4 as well to get rid of a persistent if slight sour note in the shot.

Comment

Yes I have just moved to the round tip from a nut tip 6910 Machine . Thanks to Trade Me {NZ ebay} Finally can get good Milk froth. Boy the Cafe coffees are getting expensive Coffee Culture Large $5.40. Home coffee is sure hard to beat. We are in Mt Unpleasant the coffee is the only thing keeping us going. We Have 450k damage and the excess is going to hurt. 10 to 50k but we can still enjoy great home coffee.

Comment

That sounds pretty nasty Aqua.  Really feel for you guys over that direction.  Weve been very lucky, maybe $15k all up (Casebrook / Redwood area), mostly cosmetic.  Almost feel guilty really, Ive friends that lived in Kaiapoi (Courtney Drv) - their places cant be fixed, land completely stuffed.
                  A few good cafes around locally in my area but even though Im no expert I can still produce a coffee that matches the best of them at home (admittedly, a fair amount of discarded shots which makes the savings a little dubious : but thats just me being fussy really).

An aside, what sort of volume do you pull from the double basket?  I can get a good pour colour and consistency wise in 25-30 secs, but I only end up with 40-45ml extracted - I can probably run some of these longer before blonding but that can lead to bitterness.  Tastes fine (to me anyway), but if I grind coarser to get the "standard" 50-60ml in 25-30secs the shot blondes too early.
                  Just wondering what your experience is with this machine.

Comment

Hi I am loving my second machine great milk, still trying to get consistant with it. Then I will start playing with the roasting of the beans. Sounds like you are on the right path and it comes down to your own taste. Fresh om someoneis best and it is great to be able to taste the beans.

Have you seen the right up on Christchurch from red zone in not AU. It is a bit out of date and non of those coffee shops left. It is funny comming from some one called red zone before the shake, Like an omen, well it will be great to have the city open again after so long. Good to get a coffee from something that is not in a container. might be a while.

Comment

Originally posted by 645A415657724152515A5052330 link=1332312984/4#4 date=1332357279
                      I got mine for $670NZD a few weeks ago - an online seller had it for that and with a little gentle arm twisting the local Hardly Normal store matched it, I was quite pleased with that effort.
                      (The online stores price is now back up to >1k, whereas the other place has it for $733. Still a good deal IMO for this machine on our side of the ditch).
                      Good deal, got a EM6910 and the new EM0490 grinder at $849.
                      Read up on the the old 0480 model and same deal as far crap grind out of the box goes. But I guess Sunbeam have addressed the issues as the static burr carrier has a threaded adjustment ring to set the burr height rather than relying on washers to adjust - took me two changes to get the grind right at #10.
                      Very happy with both.

Comment

Hi Beno good to see they have fixed the grinder, where did you get this deal from? Is it still going? :-?

Comment

From Albany Extreme in AK. I think sunbeam are doing a promo so you should get the same deal, call and ask for Paul. otherwise LV Martin in welly had good online price.

Comment

Working...
                          X