Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade time...Need advice

Hi all,

I currently own a V3 Rancilio Silvia which is probably 18 months - 2 years old but I really want to upgrade to a dual boiler or heat exchange machine.

Ive found myself making multiple coffees more and more recently so the constant waiting and back forth between pulling shots and steaming is so frustrating.

My knowledge is limited on these types of machines so calling on your know how to give me some direction.

The only two machines Ive looked at so far are the Breville BES900 and the Nuova Simionelli Oscar. Totally open to other suggestions. Budget is $1,500.

Selling the Silvia to help fund the swap also.

Re: Upgrade time...Need advice

I would also look at the expobar office semi auto, a fraction over 1500 but good value for a heat exchange machine lots of the sponsors on coffee snobs can help you with that machine and it has a good reputation.

Comment

Unless the Office SA or FA are modified, they run hot and will produce pretty nasty coffee without a good cooling flush.

Make sure your seller bloke knows how to tame one if you buy one. They are otherwise a great machine.

Chris

Comment

Might be worth a shot cruising the hardware for sale section for a pre loved e61 machine

Comment

Originally posted by 4A4F4142474A454F2B0 link=1335399102/1#1 date=1335404325
          I would also look at the expobar office semi auto, a fraction over 1500 but good value for a heat exchange machine lots of the sponsors on coffee snobs can help you with that machine and it has a good reputation.
          I really like the added features of the Expobar Office Full Automatic but the price isnt in the budget.

Aesthetically the Expobar is a nicer looking machine than the NS Oscar. Expobar also takes up a bit more bench space.

Finding it difficult to confirm the size of the NS Oscar actually. The sizes on the Nuova website compared to JetBlack dont match. Also the dimensions on the Nuova site are LxPxH instead of LxWxH. What is P?

Ive taken the Breville off my list for now due to concerns about longevity and parts availability.

Comment

I have a container landing in my warehouse maybe tomorrow or atleast by Wednesday transport company permitting.

I will then need a couple more days to unpack and check.

If you can wait a week, I will have something very special to offer you.......that may be close enough to your stated budget......

....very special......if you can wait......

Comment

Not in any hurry so I can wait ..... Exciting!

Comment

Originally posted by 744057415A6D715D54545757320 link=1335399102/5#5 date=1335690804
                I have a container landing in my warehouse maybe tomorrow or atleast by Wednesday transport company permitting.

I will then need a couple more days to unpack and check.

If you can wait a week, I will have something very special to offer you.......that may be close enough to your stated budget......

....very special......if you can wait......

Wow this sounds exciting,  also in the market, love to hear what comes

Comment

Ok Ill have something to offer you tomorrow.

The container is unpacked, I am just working out the landed costs etc.

Comment

Ok Gentlemen I believe we are ready. Please check your PMs

Attilio
                    very first CS site sponsor

Comment

damn it! So the rest of us dont get to find out what this machine is? ;D

Ill be in the market once my sunbeam dies, so always keen to find out what my options are.

Comment

do pm me too! I might be after one if the budget allows for it! XD

Comment

im from the BES900 camp and if you read through the numerous pages youll find 99% of us are happy

Comment

attilio any chance you will be revealing what machine it was?

My passion for shiny metal objects beckons

Comment

Im curious as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X