EM7000 - new sunbeam model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM7000 - new sunbeam model

I posted earlier in the sub $500 machines about a new Sunbeam model the EM6400.  In searching for it online I came a cross a promotion which said the promotion was also valid for the EM7000, a quick google revealed this video on Vimeo

vimeo.com/40904859

Sorry you have to cut and paste as this is only my second post!

I called Sunbeam to ask about the model and they "cannot confirm or deny" anything about the machine when I asked the for details.  Looks like it will be a replacement for the 6910.  The guy on the phone was a bit cagey but mentioned it kept getting pushed back so couldnt say when it will be released, hopefully its not a buggy model! 

If anyone has any more details on this model please feel free to post it here

Re: EM7000 - new sunbeam model

looks nice! i like the sound of a pid controlled thermoblock. also an ingenious idea to have a thermometer for the milk steaming.

wondering what the price point will be?

Comment

I get a permission denied error.
      Says "This is a private video".

Has this just happened or is it just me?

Comment

In hindsight I probably shouldnt have told the sunbeam rep about the video, looks like they have had it pulled!! >

Comment

Yeah. Thought that might have been the case. Still, very interesting find.

Comment

Please post more details eg. what did it look like as now we cant see it. Well done CS busted the secret here first.

Comment

Theyre on display at MICE

I dont intimately know the 6910. Twin gauges top LHS of front panel. One is the old extraction style gauge (relocated) and the other is a milk temp gauge. I understand its essentially like a timer in that if you use the sunbeam jug and fill correctly and then texture, it takes a consistent time to get to the 65 deg zone. These are in a single module if I recall correctly.

I *thought* the machine might be a little quieter than the 6910 but it was pretty noisy there, so the jury is out.

Id assume that this machine will superseed the 6910 and the upgrades seem generally useful.

Comment

I saw the machine at MICE as well.

As it was explained to me there is a thermocouple in the end of the cool touch steam wand that is connected to the gauge so it actually shows milk temperature.

Dont know about PID though... She didnt mention that.

As far as price point though I was told that the machine would initially sell for $799 and that the 6910 would probably continue on at a lower price.

To me it seemed a worthwhile improvement on the 6910 but its no BDB killer.

Comment

The machine is quoted on sunbeams site as entering you into the chance to win a holiday, if you buy selected product between 1st april and 30th june.

Cant be far off

sounds like a decent holiday too.

sunbeam.com.au/au/promotions/coffee-experience/

Comment

I can see little value in Pid steam control or steam temp display.
                    Temp is only a small part of quality milk , and i am not aware of any commercial machines that feel it necessary to offer that function.

Comment

Originally posted by 727C757E742522100 link=1336012194/9#9 date=1337000143
                      I can see little value in Pid steam control or steam temp display.
                      Temp is only a small part of quality milk , and i am not aware of any commercial machines that feel it necessary to offer that function.
                      Sure, temp is only a small part. But on the other hand, maybe if some more commercial machines had it, they wouldnt be serving up searingly hot milk...

Comment

Originally posted by 143126393468500 link=1336012194/10#10 date=1337000468
                        Sure, temp is only a small part. But on the other hand, maybe if some more commercial machines had it, they wouldnt be serving up searingly hot milk...
                        agreed, but we need to be careful as its a slippery slope towards the fully auto machines that are now becoming common in many cafes .

Comment

Originally posted by 3739303B316067550 link=1336012194/11#11 date=1337030986
                          agreed, but we need to be careful as its a slippery slope towards the fully auto machines that are now becoming common in many cafes .    
                          True. Although, something could be said for a "good" auto machine taking over these smaller cafes... A cafe that you wouldnt visit because its so inconsistent... If a super-god-auto came along... Who knows? Anyway, this is getting a little off topic.

Comment

I have EM7000 image and specs from the Sunbeam brochure.....pics on iPhone....no image insert facility that allows me to brows to image in iPhone camera roll....or its well hidden....ideas pse....thanks

Comment

Sorted.......

Comment

Working...
                              X