Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville BES900 Leaking Problem

Hey Guys,
    Been looking over your forum for the last few weeks and it has helped me make a great decision on purchasing a new bes900. Now I am a newbie with using espresso machines as I have upgraded from a stove top percolator. So glad i did.
    Now As I have only had it for a few hours I have noticed something a little strange. If I leave it on about 40min later I have to empty the water catch tray as it has filled up with water. I removed the tray and noticed that it keeps purging/draining water every 5 or so seconds.
    Should this be happening?
    Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you need more info I may be able to take a video of it and post it up for you to see.
    In the mean time I have just turned it off.
    Thanks
    Macca

Re: Breville BES900 Leaking Problem

This should not be happening. I could leave mine on all day and not get a drop in the drip tray.

Call Breville and tell them you want to speak to Phil McKnight or PM him on here...

Comment

Yeh I thought it shouldnt be happening. I was just wondering if maybe I was/am doing something wrong. Maybe need to change a setting or something. I will contact breville first thing tomorrow.
      Thanks

Comment

Youre welcome, let us know how you get on with the issue.

Oh, and welcome to CS!

Comment

Will do.

Thanks

Comment

Keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by 7A767474762722170 link=1336298145/0#0 date=1336298145
              Hey Guys,
              Been looking over your forum for the last few weeks and it has helped me make a great decision on purchasing a new bes900. Now I am a newbie with using espresso machines as I have upgraded from a stove top percolator. So glad i did.
              Now As I have only had it for a few hours I have noticed something a little strange. If I leave it on about 40min later I have to empty the water catch tray as it has filled up with water. I removed the tray and noticed that it keeps purging/draining water every 5 or so seconds.
              Should this be happening?
              Any help will be greatly appreciated. If you need more info I may be able to take a video of it and post it up for you to see.
              In the mean time I have just turned it off. 
              Thanks
              Macca
              Did you close the knob of hot water tap firmly? Where the water came from?
              If remove the drip tray, do you see the water drain from the bottom left of the chamber of the machine for the drip tray? If yes, the machines 3-way solenoid valve was not closed firmly to the drip tray. Then you need to send your machine back to service center for repairs.

Cheers,

Nick OY

Comment

Hey guys,
                Following up on the problem with my machine.
                Turns out it was a fault with the machine and as I only bought it yesterday breville were nice enough to offer me a ref so I could get a replacement machine from where I bought it.
                I now have my replacement and have just made my first coffee. It is not leaking at all.
                Absolutely stoked

Comment

Macca,

Good news. Enjoy your new leak proof machine.

Barry.

Comment

Excellent result

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                      X