sunbeam 6910 flow issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunbeam 6910 flow issues

hey guys Ive noticed that my sunbeam has more water flowing through the group head on the right side. Initially I thought it was my tamping, but after making sure I had absolutely even tamps. The problem persisted, I decided to remove the PF and watch the water flow and yeah theres more water coming down from the right side than the left. Ive already descaled, cleaned/scrubbed the group head. The only solution I can think of is to raise the right side of my sunbeam to make it even. Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: sunbeam 6910 flow issues

you havent said you removed the showerscreen - there is a small philips head screw and thats all to remove it. check it may have some holes blocked which could explian what youre seeing

Comment

oh yeah I forgot to mention, I soaked both screens in the cleaning solution and brushed them out, checked every hole for signs of blockage as well. Sorry about that!

Comment

could anyone point me to a thread that describes how to remove the brew head? I might want to take it out for a good clean. The sunbeam manual says that I dont need to remove the nut but there are signs of residue on the brew head and Ive ran the automated cleaning process twice using two cleaning tablets, but there seems to be residue left over. Im not sure how to clear it as Ive tried brushing it but it doesnt budge.

Comment

Hey, Arcenite this problem is 100 percent to do with the group head. It cannot be anything else. The coffee goes into the grouphead in one strean and so if it comes out uneven, blind Freddie can see it is the group head. Clean carefully would be my suggestion. Oh, and make sure there are no large earth masses like highly mineralised mountains close by and imparting a gravitational force on the flow

Comment

Originally posted by 1332242C2235012E222923470 link=1336847838/4#4 date=1336907741
            Hey, Arcenite this problem is 100 percent to do with the group head. It cannot be anything else. The coffee goes into the grouphead in one strean and so if it comes out uneven, blind Freddie can see it is the group head. Clean carefully would be my suggestion. Oh, and make sure there are no large earth masses like highly mineralised mountains close by and imparting a gravitational force on the flow
            Thanks for the response TF! Ive tried using the tablets to clean the group head twice in a row but the problem still persists. When I took my showerscreen off to inspect the group head, it does not have any humongous mounds of earth thankfully . However a closed inspection could prove otherwise. Any idea as to where I may obtain a guide on how to remove the group head? When doing searches on google all I get are removing group head seals and collar replacement guides which I guess are not relevant to me.

Comment

Hi Arcenite,

I saw your comment and found this link useful for collar replacement on the 6910.
              [If the link doesnt work, just google "6910 collar replacement instant coffee"]

Cheers.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc..._DgE6BvQmwJfHw

Comment

Originally posted by 795E55646F4E5C4C5E57573B0 link=1336847838/6#6 date=1336964731
                Hi Arcenite,

I saw your comment and found this link useful for collar replacement on the 6910.
                [If the link doesnt work, just google "6910 collar replacement instant coffee"]

Cheers.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc..._DgE6BvQmwJfHw
                Thanks for your response Ben! I do have that document as well, however, isnt the collar different to what is in the brew head? After removing the shower screen, there appears to be a nut that could possibly be removed, Im not sure though.

Comment

From memory the nut isnt as exciting/useful as you might hope. I recall theres a small spring and piece of plastic that might act as a valve or similar. Just be careful if you do go exploring - its all too easy to strip/damage a thread. Like the instructions say : Take your time to get the machine upside down and have a look around.

Comment

Alright Ill try dismantling the machine when I have more time xD, thanks for the advice Ben!

Comment

Working...
                    X