6910 Green light keeps flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6910 Green light keeps flashing

Hi All, wondering if anyone knows what the most likely problem is when the green warm up light just keeps flashing and doesnt stay on any more. The machine is hot but it doesnt get to the ready state.

Any ideas????

Re: 6910 Green light keeps flashing

Originally posted by 77786176767D20140 link=1336969578/0#0 date=1336969578
    Hi All, wondering if anyone knows what the most likely problem is when the green warm up light just keeps flashing and doesnt stay on any more. The machine is hot but it doesnt get to the ready state.

Any ideas????
    This sounds like a problem Sunbeam may have addressed in the instruction manual? Have you had a look there?

Comment

Hi

Ive had mine about 3 years, and sometimes it does this, usually when Ive spent too long in the shower after turning it on. I find turning it off at the wall, waiting a few seconds, and then turning it back on and restarting kicks it out of whatever cycle its in and its usually ready to use shortly after, as its already heated.

Although if you find out that there is something seriously wrong causing this, please let me know...

Comment

This is copied straight from the em6910 manual.

Sleep Mode
        After 1 hour of non-use the espresso machine
        will automatically switch to ‘SLEEP MODE’.
        An indication that the machine is in ‘SLEEP
        MODE’ is the light above the ‘POWER’
        button will slowly flash red. While in SLEEP
        MODE the machine powers down to 70% of
        power. After a further 26 hours of non-use
        the espresso machine will turn off.
        Note: To bring the espresso machine out of
        SLEEP MODE you can press any button.

Comment

Originally posted by 113939303F336767560 link=1336969578/3#3 date=1337045468
          This is copied straight from the em6910 manual.

Sleep Mode
          After 1 hour of non-use the espresso machine
          will automatically switch to ‘SLEEP MODE’.
          An indication that the machine is in ‘SLEEP
          MODE’ is the light above the ‘POWER’
          button will slowly flash red. While in SLEEP
          MODE the machine powers down to 70% of
          power. After a further 26 hours of non-use
          the espresso machine will turn off.
          Note: To bring the espresso machine out of
          SLEEP MODE you can press any button.
          Yes i am aware of the sleep mode, the machine doesnt get in the ready state at all. Anyway, i rang the service agent in Richmond and he thinks it sounds like the Steam thermo block is gone at worst case scenario. Cost is around $85 for the thermo block and $90 labour charge. Its my spare machine so im not going to fix it, ill just keep it for parts.

Comment

It may or may not help - but I called Sunbeam with my issue and the tech guy had me punching in all sorts of sequences to reset the circuits - there were quite a few.

I dont remember the sequences, but the lights were all flashing like a disco!

Maybe you could call them?

Comment

Green light flashing just means it is in sleep mode which it does after 1 hour of non use. Simply push the power button again and it will restart and become ready in about 1 minute......it is just a power saving function.

Comment

The machine I sold to my friend (5 yrs old) have the same problem now.
                He said he has push all the bottom, but the machine still flash the green light.
                We might need too seek the thermal block if the same thing broken here.

85 bucks sounds not too bad

Comment

Originally posted by papaloma View Post
                  Green light flashing just means it is in sleep mode which it does after 1 hour of non use. Simply push the power button again and it will restart and become ready in about 1 minute......it is just a power saving function.
                  Originally posted by clubbi4 View Post
                  Yes i am aware of the sleep mode, the machine doesnt get in the ready state at all. Anyway, i rang the service agent in Richmond and he thinks it sounds like the Steam thermo block is gone at worst case scenario. Cost is around $85 for the thermo block and $90 labour charge. Its my spare machine so im not going to fix it, ill just keep it for parts.
                  haha...Lesson 1: Before deciding to respond to a thread, make sure you are aware of the entire thread first; or failing that, apologize for not reading the entire thread before responding...:P

Comment

Working...
                  X