Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville BES900 or Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo

Hi,

I am considering buying either the Breville BES900 + smart grinder or Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo + Rocky grinder.

Ideally I would like the Vibiemme Domobar Junior but at the moment my bank manager doesnt agree. She has set the limit at around $1800 and you know what they say about happy wife, happy life.

So Im after your thoughts, I realise the Breville has more ticks in the boxes as far as functions go; dual boiler, pre infusion, price, etc but it lacks appeal to me, I think it is more of a kitchen appliance compared to the Vibiemme.

On average I probably make around 80% milk drinks, on average 1 to 2 a day and probably once a month we have friends over, at which time I make around 4 or 5 drinks at a time.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Doorstop

Re: Breville BES900 or Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo

Originally posted by 5F747469686F746B1B0 link=1338086333/0#0 date=1338086333
    Hi,

I am considering buying either the Breville BES900 + smart grinder or Vibiemme Domobar Piccolo + Rocky grinder.

Ideally I would like the Vibiemme Domobar Junior but at the moment my bank manager doesnt agree. She has set the limit at around $1800 and you know what they say about happy wife, happy life.

So Im after your thoughts, I realise the Breville has more ticks in the boxes as far as functions go; dual boiler, pre infusion, price, etc but it lacks appeal to me, I think it is more of a kitchen appliance compared to the Vibiemme.

On average I probably make around 80% milk drinks, on average 1 to 2 a day and probably once a month we have friends over, at which time I make around 4 or 5 drinks at a time.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Doorstop
    Hi doorstop,

The Piccolo is not the mahcine for you in my opinion. Thhe single boiler will in time do your head in.

Honestly- I think youd be beter to wait for a little while and get a Domobar Junior. We currently have a <10 shot discounted demo unit for sale. If the budget is hard- definitely the Breville.

Another to whet your appetite: You need only find another $200 and you can have a real machine and a grinder which is better than the rocky as well

See http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163933911/6#6

Happy shopping

Chris

Comment

Working...
    X