Siliva V3- Coffee tasting bad lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siliva V3- Coffee tasting bad lately

I have a Silvia V3 that is about 8 months old. About a couple of months ago I was running water through the head after pulling a shot. I ran out of water in the tank and didnt realize it. Thankfully, the machine cut off right away. I then refilled the water and ran it through the machine. After, everything was fine and I did not notice any effects from it.

Lately, my coffee has not been tasting good...almost foul. I have tried 2 diff. espressos. I just got over from being sick, so I cant tell if it is my taste buds. Would this most likely be from damage to the heater core from the incident a couple of months ago or from having the flu?

Re: Siliva V3- Coffee tasting bad lately

as a random thing to check, you havent accidentally sucked milk into the boiler? Ive heard that can make things pretty funky...

Comment

Re: Siliva V3- Coffee tasting bad lately

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1338858142

Check my line of reasoning there re the taste of the water. If the water tastes ok and looks clean, its not the machine.

Dont discount that when youve been ill it does play havoc with your sensory system, and occasionally we all have our "downers" in terms of ability to cup properly.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
      X