Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coffee machine advice

Hi,

I just signed up to your wonderful forum and thought I should ask my first question.

I am about to purchase my first every espresso machine (for home).

I am willing to go to around $1500 for a machine that can make a really strong and smooth (non watery) Piccolo, Late etc..

I have tried a Bezarra bz99 and it was amazing and have been told the Lelit em42 (Combo) is as good for a more affordable price.

So I guess my question is.....

What would you recommend is a great machine for me to buy that tastes as good as the Bezarra?

Any assistance would be great

Thank you kindly.

Re: coffee machine advice

Hi and welcome to the forum Is $1500 your total budget? If so dont forget to factor in about 1/3 of that for a decent grinder.

Edit: This setup in the FS section would get you some nice coffee at well under budget http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1339818196

Comment

Thanks for your help...

Lets say $1500 for the machine only.

Thats why the Lelit sounds interesting as it has a built in grinder. It seems very reasonable for $1299.

I just dont want to end up spend $$$ on a dud machine that cant produce a strong coffee.

Ill check out the link you gave me now

Comment

So what are you doing for the grinder? A Lelit, or a Silvia or similar machine is definitely capable of producing "strong" coffee It also has a lot to do with the beans and your skills really.

I cant comment on whether they "are as good as the Bezzara" as Ive not had experience with that machine.

Comment

Welcome Justin,

There are a host of machines on the market- some good, some not so good. FWIW, its not a brand which will produce the result you seek in the cup. To achieve it, you need a good machine, quality grinder, fresh beans and great technique. Id argue that here are better and worse machine than the one you have experienced.

Look more broadly than just one brand. Some of our offers may suit and are within budget: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163933911/8#8 If you can inform of your location we can point you to your local suppliers as well.

Comment

Thank you... I am in Drummoyne NSW

Comment

Originally posted by 726D6B6C71766E7971180 link=1339824083/5#5 date=1339828686
              Thank you... I am in Drummoyne NSW
              Ok- Di Bartoli, Jetblack and Coffeeparts are your locals

Comment

talk coffee seems to be the place

Comment

Working...
                X