Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to get?

Hi guys,

I recently owned a breville cafe roma for 2 years until it suffered an untimely death!

I am looking for a new machine specifically (for warranty purposes) and have a max budget of $700. Do you guys have any recommendations. I will be using it to make 4-5 milk coffees every day.

All your feedback is much appreciated

Re: What to get?

Hi Sunil,

Welcome to the forum
    Have you done much searching of the forum?
    Lots of discussion that would be interesting to you.

Comment

Hi Snobb,

Yes I have but unfortunately it seems that there is only the sunbeam em6900 and silvia to choose from. Are there any other options worth considering. Maybe something that would last me 2-3 years before i can upgrade to a double boiler type machine

Comment

Would the 4-5 milk coffees be at the same time or spread out during the day? As I understand, a single boiler (such as the Silvia) has a recovery time between steaming milk/pulling shots, as well as limited boiler capacity; so its only feasible to do a few cups at a time. So if its 4-5 cups in one go the Sunbeam EM6910 would be your best bet.

If youre only making 1 or 2 cups in one go, the Silvia would probably be the better machine, and you can PID it if the budget allows in the future.

Comment

Why not a BES900 which is a dual boiler that would last u 10 years and cost u few hundred more and produce a superior coffee to both machines listed ?

Comment

Originally posted by 724E4F54524343481715260 link=1339992885/4#4 date=1340016884
            Why not a BES900 which is a dual boiler that would last u 10 years and cost u few hundred more and produce a superior coffee to both machines listed ?

Id like to see that "10yrs" : Although my old 800ES is still going after 5yrs. We have smashed two 6910s at work in 3yrs in which they were pumping out about 20 coffees a day........

Good luck with that budget of $700, suggest you drop some sponsors an email to see what they can come up with.

Comment

Working...
            X