Invisible Oscar ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible Oscar ?

There is an add on the Brisbane "Eucalyptus" site for a NS Oscar with a fully transparent casing !
    Apparently it was a special edition from NS . ?
    It certainly is unusual and a novelty being able to see all the internals as you brew.
    PS..I have no connection to the seller.

Re: Invisible Oscar ?

The title got me interested my wife would love an invisible machine on our kitchen bench. I dont think the terms invisible and trasparent are iterchangeable.

Comment

Originally posted by 0C293E2D663F480 link=1340254845/1#1 date=1340263719
      my wife would love an invisible machine on our kitchen bench.
      +10.

Its definitely a cool idea - but surely only for a coffee nerd. Im sure most would think it looks uglier than even a normal Oscar, let alone shiney bling of an E61. The Maling Room in Melbourne has a lever machine with a transparent case. Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by 555E525A4C4F5D5A5E4C535A463F0 link=1340254845/2#2 date=1340322622
        Its definitely a cool idea - but surely only for a coffee nerd. Im sure most would think it looks uglier than even a normal Oscar, let alone shiney bling of an E61
        The orangey tinge of the case makes it look dirty and plastic.  If it was a real clear glass-like plastic or even real glass moulding with some strategically placed etched stainless plates to contrast the glass effect and some internal mood lighting I think Id buy it 

Comment

Originally posted by 47555B4D51340 link=1340254845/3#3 date=1340327981
          If it was a real clear glass-like plastic or even real glass moulding with some strategically placed etched stainless plates to contrast the glass effect and some internal mood lighting I think Id buy it
          Yes, it seems the temperature / UV / Coffee have taken their toll on that plastic.
          Doubtful that it could be cleaned up or restored to original.
          It was probably impressive when new and crystal clear.
          molded Glass ! ;D .. wow yes that would be something ..and a little pricy to make i suspect !

Comment

Working...
          X