Gaggia Classic - losing steam pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaggia Classic - losing steam pressure

My Gaggia Classic has performed admirably for the past eight years.  Last August I had a full service done to it and everything was OK until about a month or two ago when it started to literally run out of steam and the frother would not work properly.  I could get enough pressure to froth the soy milk for one of us but with cows milk it would not have enough steam to heat it properly or to extend the milk - major problem. 
    I took the machine to another service place and they check the pipes etc but no improvement.
    Any suggestions?  In another discussion, someone said they dismantled the machine and re-assembled it and the problem seemed to fix itself.  I could not dismantle the machine because some of the screws were too tight!
    Does anyone know of a good servicing place within a bulls roar of Camberwell Vic? :-/

Re: Gaggia Classic - losing steam pressure

Coffee-a-roma is in Camberwell, dunno if they do Lelits but they should at least be able to point you to somebody who does.

Comment

Originally posted by 4048584F5D595E4F582A0 link=1340504062/1#1 date=1340589876
      Coffee-a-roma is in Camberwell, dunno if they do Lelits but they should at least be able to point you to somebody who does.
      Not sure if I have missed something here, but the OP has a Gaggia?  :-?

From what I can see, they dont sell either brand. Last I heard, they were outsourcing most/all repairs, so I guess it would depend on their repair bloke having parts.

Perhaps 9Bar may be a better option?

kenm- if it will texture soy, but not cows it may be worth trying a different brand. Perhaps you are buying dud milk?

Comment

*facepalm* note to self, dont post when not sufficiently caffeinated...

Yeah, I figured they could at least point the OP to a decent repairer though.

But yeah, if youre willing to hoof it up to Abbotsford 9Bar are a good option

Comment

Working...
        X