No announcement yet.

Silvia v3 where to get the best price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvia v3 where to get the best price?

Hey guys,

Been contemplating upgrading from our old and inadiquate Breville machine and since using commercial machine over the past week have decided it is now the time to upgrade.

I have basically decided on the Rancilio Silvia as i used this machine but 10 years ago and found it fantastic plus reading all the reviews it seems to be the machine to go for and suits our price range.

So just wondering where is the best place to purchase a Silvia from, I am in Melbourne if that makes a difference but with the online stores and shipping I dont think it matters on location anymore.

So anyways, I have found one store for a Silvia which is $ 680 for the machine only, seems like a cracker of a price, or does anyone know of someplace cheaper?

Thanks for your help.
    Cheers

Neddysmith

Re: Silvia v3 where to get the best price?

Send an email to the sponsors will respond with what they have on offer, many sponsors will also throw in some training and theyre all pretty exceptional for after-sales support.

What grinder do you have currently? Unless its adequate for espresso grinding youll need to budget for that too.

Comment

Thanks Mate,

Will do, always like to support forum sponsors as they are the ones supporting us...

I have an older grinder which is dont think will be upto the task but may be able to get my hands on a commercial grinder for basically nothing, the only thing is i think the size of it is quite large....

What would you be suggesting grinder wise? EM0480? Rocky?

Comment

Originally posted by 4E45444459534D495448200 link=1341098105/2#2 date=1341201379
        Thanks Mate,

Will do, always like to support forum sponsors as they are the ones supporting us...

I have an older grinder which is dont think will be upto the task but may be able to get my hands on a commercial grinder for basically nothing, the only thing is i think the size of it is quite large....

What would you be suggesting grinder wise? EM0480? Rocky?
        I would steer away from the EM0480. It is believed to be the absolute minimum for espresso... So you could use it. But you would be better off with a Rocky or a Breville Smart Grinder.

Even better would be a Compak K3T. But that depends on budget.

Comment

Thanks,

Ill check out both the Rocky and Smart Grinder as alternatives, would prefer to pay a little extra and get something which is suitable, so i dont have to upgrade and spend more at a later stage

Comment

Definitely the Compak K3 will last for a number of years service. And good economic sense to go straight to this grinder. Its priced well for the quality of the grind and it grinds better than the Rocky.

If you bought the EM480 then go to an upgrade, you have lost value.

I bought mine from Coffee-A-Roma. It will be primed and tested for you. I took advantage of the $1 accessory deal. You can select 3 different kinds of dollar deals. I would recommend the tamper.

Another thing, the Silvia is finicky of technique, and it makes you improve to get that great shot. Once mastered, she will give you years of great service.

Shes built like an tank.

Gary at G

Comment

i forgot to mention the Compak K3 looks good sitting next to the Silvia, whereas the Smart Grinder, great as she is, looks more appliance like.

Spanish grinder, italian machine. Nice to have an european stable.

You would feel proud and have no qualms about posting the duo on the "What equipment do you have?" thread.

Gary at G

Comment

If you can get your hands on a commercial Id recommend that (I use a Mazzer Super Jolly for most stuff at home)

As David said, the EM0480 is considered bare minimum, Rockys not bad but has its shortcomings (the doserless is *very* clump prone) Ive not used the Smart Grinder so I cant really comment.

The Compaks are pretty good value for money, though from what Ive read about the K3T the timer is pretty useless so you might as well go for the K3P (its a bit cheaper) that is, if you want doserless. For doser the K3E is a bit more expensive than the Touch but otherwise identical (well except for the doser ).

Comment

Thanks for all the help guys, Saturday week I am trying to get down to coffee-a-roma for chap and demo of the Silva, so i will also discuss grinders and hopefully work out the best option for us and the become proud new owner of a nce coffee machine.....

Comment

Originally posted by jbrewster View Post
                    Send an email to the sponsors will respond with what they have on offer, many sponsors will also throw in some training and theyre all pretty exceptional for after-sales support.

What grinder do you have currently? Unless its adequate for espresso grinding youll need to budget for that too.
                    That email address is no longer in use, instead you get redirected to:CoffeeSnobs Site Sponsors Quote

Comment

Grinders had the Silvia for $499.
                      I picked one up a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

I can attest to Coffee a roma's great after sales service. Found the bundle of stuff I got from them great too. 2 extra (larger) baskets, $1 tamper (excellent), cleaning powder, cleaning brush, blind filter, 2 cafe style coffee cups and saucers (so good I ordered 2 more a month or so later) and a mini tamper keyring.

Comment

The mini tamper key ring is definitely the deal winner

Comment

Originally posted by rex03w View Post
                            Seems pretty cheap, was that a V3? Their website doesn't seem to link to the Silvia when you click on it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by rex03w View Post
                              "Unfortunately due to high demand, we have sold out of the Rancillio Machines and we are unsure if the special will be coming back sorry."

Comment

Working...
                              X