EM6910 - How much shot do you pull?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM6910 - How much shot do you pull?

Happened across the DVD that came with my 6910 and watched it over a coffee. Interestingly the guy only pulls 20-25mm's from what looks like the double basket (if you have the disc have a look) and it got my thinking about how much people actually pour. Does anyone actually run the auto 60mls with a reasonable extraction? How much on average do you pour?

C.

I mostly do double ristretto in my flat whites with this machine however single shots taste fine to me.

Comment

Double ristretto as in around 45mls?

Comment

Hi Chris,

I have never used the auto buttons. You get the "best" result by watching the shot and learning when to stop it by taste. Start by stopping when you think it is blonding and taste. Then stop it a bit shorter and taste. Then stop it a bit longer and taste. You can then decide for that bean/blend/roast and dose/grind/temp combination what you like best. Usually if you get the dose about right (use the 5 cent test), then adjust the grind to get the general rule-of-thumb of around 60 mL in 20 - 30 secs that will give you a good starting point. Then you can experiment with ristrettos etc. Hope this helps and have fun!

Pete

Comment

I extract only 30mls for a double ris

Comment

Pete - yes I never use the Auto and have always run pumps by 'feel'. My double has always been around 45 - 50mls - pre blonding. Seeing the vid has got me cutting back to around 30mls and I'm still playing. That got me thinking about the 30/60ml comparison and the reasoning behind a 60ml auto setting. I'd never seen a domestic "instruction" backing away from the basics of the product before - just aroused my interest.

mw - thanks - interesting to know.

C.

Comment

Working...
            X