Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Lelit filter is for pods?

Greetings, snobs
    Total newbie here but doing ok with Lelit combi 42. I just can't work out which filter to use for single shots. It comes with the big double shot and the blind one and the single and presumably the one for pods but which is which? Can anybody tell me if the shallowest one is for pods? Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.
    best regards,
    cutho

Generally a single basket is used for pods.

Though re-reading your message it looks like you're not sure which filter is which?

The blind filter is the one without any holes in it, the single is the smaller of the other two.

Generally it's recommended to use a double for everything (assuming you're using ground coffee), and just dump one shot. They tend to be more forgiving of grind/dose/tamp.

Comment

the smallest filter is for pods,

charlie

Comment

Thanks jbrewster - I was just having trouble differentiating between the two singles. But I phoned Charlie and he told me the smaller of the two is the pod filter. Actually my single shots were pretty good!

Originally posted by jbrewster View Post
        Generally a single basket is used for pods.

Though re-reading your message it looks like you're not sure which filter is which?

The blind filter is the one without any holes in it, the single is the smaller of the other two.

Generally it's recommended to use a double for everything (assuming you're using ground coffee), and just dump one shot. They tend to be more forgiving of grind/dose/tamp.

Comment

Thanks Charlie - will I see you on Saturday morning? Looking fwd to it!

Comment

You'll enjoy the course cutho and get heaps out of it - see you there (I'll be in a bit later after the 8am start ),

charlie

Comment

Heya!

Were you there today? You're right I got HEAPS out of it - I really was flying blind before. Finally GOT the foam thing and later pulled best ever shots after my beauty nap - man I haven't seen 7am on a Saturday morning for decades!
              Originally posted by JetBlack_Espresso View Post
              You'll enjoy the course cutho and get heaps out of it - see you there (I'll be in a bit later after the 8am start ),

charlie

Comment

Hi all. It's been a while since my last post. As I also have the Lelit Combi, I'm now surprised to find that the smaller filter is for pods!!!! If that's the case, then how do I get a respectable shot with the double basket if it's only half loaded? Anyway, it's always made superior pulls with the double over the single, and I got to the point of looking at an aftermarket single basket/filter but to no avail.

By the way, when using your search function, when I type in Lelit and pods together I will then get 'all posts' that contain Lelit, not just Lelit and pods; that makes it tedious to do specific searches. I say that because in the past when asking you guys questions I've had one or 2 members on my case for not doing a search first - naughty, naughty me.

Comment

Originally posted by Moccacino View Post
                  By the way, when using your search function, when I type in Lelit and pods together I will then get 'all posts' that contain Lelit, not just Lelit and pods; that makes it tedious to do specific searches.
                  To get only posts that contain both lelit and pods enter: lelit and pods

To get posts that contain lelit or pods enter: lelit pods

Java "Search engines are your friends, as long as you speak their language!" phile
                  Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
                    To get only posts that contain both lelit and pods enter: lelit and pods

To get posts that contain lelit or pods enter: lelit pods

Java "Search engines are your friends, as long as you speak their language!" phile
                    Thanks, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                    X