Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any ideas on why my Sunbeam EM6900 isn't working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideas on why my Sunbeam EM6900 isn't working?

Hi All,

Sorry to add to the mountains of help requests by newbies in this forum, but that being said - I need help!

Was just given a Sunbeam EM6900 which seems to be in pretty good nick - hasn't been used much, was a bit of residue around the group head but that's all.

I turned it on earlier today to check it worked and all buttons seemed to light up as they should - however, after having wiped out the group head, I've plugged it in again to give it a descale - but now the machine immediately begins to pump water when I turn it on at the powerpoint (before I've even pressed 'power') and doesn't stop no matter what I do. When I press 'power' it doesn't respond - just keeps on pumping.

Has anyone had this happen to them in the past, and/or would anyone have any ideas? Is it a job for a technician, or should is there something I'm not getting?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

From what I've read, the usual cause of your problem is a blown triac on the printed circuit board. A replacement PCB and wiring costs about $75, and is easy to fit for anyone with respect for AC power, and basic aptitude with hand tools.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! That's better news than I thought it would be. Would you know where would be the best place to look for a replacement PCB? Already have the aptitude with electrics and hand tools

Comment

Don't know where you are, so I'd say ring one of the authorised repairers on the Sunbeam website, or order online from Big Warehouse Spares.

Comment

Working...
        X