No announcement yet.

Cleaning steam arm on Lelit PLO41 TEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning steam arm on Lelit PLO41 TEM?

Just seeking any advice on cleaning the steam arm. Am currently cleaning the outside of the arm after every use with a little extra attention at the end of each day (when back flushing). However I am not submerging the arm in water (or chemical back flush powder). Is there anything I should be doing? BTW loving the machine!

Originally posted by NickBT View Post
    Just seeking any advice on cleaning the steam arm. Am currently cleaning the outside of the arm after every use with a little extra attention at the end of each day (when back flushing). However I am not submerging the arm in water (or chemical back flush powder). Is there anything I should be doing? BTW loving the machine!
    Do you have the "Frothing Aid" still on the arm? If so, I would recommend pulling it off and setting it in the drawer. You don't need it. I'm going off of an older style Combi that I have. Then just continue to wipe with clean towel and steam after using. That is all I have done for 3+ years now. Hope that helps.

Comment

If you get a build up of milk on the steam arm, the best product we've found for removing it is Milk Steamer solution. But if you're cleaning after every use, this won't be a big problem.

charlie

Comment

Nick

As long as you clean the outside after every use, you should be fine. The inside of the tube gets a cleaning every time anyway as when you prime the boiler you have the valve open until a constant stream of water comes out (thus flushing it out inside)

Glad to hear the machine is going well.

Sniff

Comment

Do also a flush after each use and it'll be good

Comment

Working...
          X