X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VST baskets and the 6910

OK what is a VST basket ?

Posts moved here from http://coffeesnobs.com.au/pay-forwar...ead-maker.html
    Last edited by Javaphile; 10 September 2012, 07:19 PM.

a basket made by VST inc.

Not sure if i can link to other sites on this forum (i'm new!), but do a google search for 'VST 18g double basket - ridgeless' and you'll see what i'm talking about.

Comment

Sunbeam EM6910 Baskets/Bread Maker

Just a quick question, which VST do you use for the 6910? I've got that machine at home and keen for a VST

Comment

Everything except the 7g and 22g VST baskets fit the standard 6910 portafilter. Big improvement I've found over the standard baskets in the cup.

Comment

I use the 18g and 22g baskets - the standard PF is _just_ deep enough for the 22g, though thats having taken the plastic insert out of the PF first. (h depth of the 22g basket is 27mm, h depth of the PF is somewhere between 28-29mm).

Comment

Do you use the ridged or ridgeless VST baskets in your EM6910? And is it necessary to change the spring in the group handle? Thanks.

Comment

Both of my VST's are ridgeless. Still using the standard PF spring.

Comment

VST baskets and the 6910

Thanks Mr B.

Comment

I like a strong double shot and use only the double 6910 basket. I'm wondering if the 22g VST, which is supposed to be a triple, would be too big and I should get the 20g or 18g. Any opinions on this?

thanks

Alan

Comment

Will a VST fit a EM 4800?

I have a Krupps double one in there now but would like a bigger deeper one even if I need to nude the PF

Comment

VST baskets and the 6910

Alan C, I've ordered an18g and a 22g VST basket from Greg Pullman. I'll use the 18g for a double and the 22g for making a double (for me) and a single (for SWMBO) at the same time.

Comment

Cheers, Thanks ajayro. I figured as much. I'm the only drinker in our house, so the 18 or 20 is probably better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by C-man View Post
                          Will a VST fit a EM 4800?

I have a Krupps double one in there now but would like a bigger deeper one even if I need to nude the PF
                          No the EM4800 uses the smaller 51mm basket, while the 6910 uses the larger 58mm basket and VST only make the 58mm baskets.

Comment

Originally posted by applor View Post
                            No the EM4800 uses the smaller 51mm basket, while the 6910 uses the larger 58mm basket and VST only make the 58mm baskets.
                            OK thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X