Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millenium La Pavoni Pro - is the brass piston conversion worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millenium La Pavoni Pro - is the brass piston conversion worth it?

Pretty much what the title says.

I am ordering a rebuild kit, an it is gonna cost another $45 or so for the brass piston. What is the benefit of this upgrade?

Have you broken the other?

My standard one is/has been fine to date and as the Pav has thermal stability issues already why would you want to introduce a lump of brass to try and get evenly heated before the machine becomes to hot to make a decent shot?

Unless your ham fisted there in nothing I can think of to be gained from a Thermodynamic point of view in a Pavoni.

Comment

Originally posted by pat_00 View Post
      Pretty much what the title says.

I am ordering a rebuild kit, an it is gonna cost another $45 or so for the brass piston. What is the benefit of this upgrade?
      Replace it. I own both a Pre-mil Pro and a Mil Europ, and the Mil is giving massive issues that will require me to replace the piston. Apparently the plastic sleeve rides up the group head blocking the inlet hole preventing water from getting in - at least thats whats happened to me. So Ihave to take the darn thing apart just to realign the sleeve. Never had an issue with the Pre-Mil, it heats up quicker and I only drink one, maybe to shots max at a go so I've never experienced over-heating issues.

Comment

Working...
      X