EM6910 v EM7000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM6910 v EM7000

Took my EM6910 into Newcastle to be repaired, leaking gasket probable and the repair guy said he had fixed 6 within the last week with the same problem. Asked him about the EM7000 so far no one has brought one in so he hasn't seen the inside of one yet, how long has the 7000 been on sale? Looking good for my next upgrade so far ...

pamay

I think it's been around for 6 months or so. Looks a nice machine, still thermoblock based though. As Breville is a sponsor, it's a bit taboo recommending Sunbeam machines here.

Comment

Sorry if I have offended ... please delete thread.

pamay

Comment

Originally posted by Darkfalz View Post
        I think it's been around for 6 months or so. Looks a nice machine, still thermoblock based though. As Breville is a sponsor, it's a bit taboo recommending Sunbeam machines here.
        Originally posted by balwoges View Post
        Sorry if I have offended ... please delete thread.

pamay
        Plenty of CS'ers own or have owned Sunbeam machines and there are a multitude of threads on them. Recommend away pamay...

At this stage, I don't think that (m)any CS'ers have reported their ownership experience with the new Sunbeam? Perhaps there is just more interest in the Breville.
        Last edited by TC; 28 November 2012, 10:03 PM.

Comment

From what I've seen, they have cured the two main issues with the (brilliant) 6910. The noise and the steam preasure. That makes for a magnificent machine for under a grand. I'm looking forward to playing with one someday, Sunbeam may be maligned around these parts, but never underestimate them!

Comment

Are you sure? I don't think any such "taboo" exists...I see no problem with people recommending/discussing potentially competing brands of coffee machine.

Comment

I would love to own one of those sleek, shiny, jazzy Italian coffee machines, however, my budget and common sense tells me I have to make do with a Sunbeam which I have learnt to use properly by reading comments on this forum ... thanks everyone for those hints

I hope I dont upset anyone else by telling the most used appliance in our house is my Kitchenaid Coffee grinder, it just keeps grinding, never blocks and in this family is in constant use throughout the day.

Comment

As Breville is a sponsor, it's a bit taboo recommending Sunbeam machines here.
                Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
                Are you sure? I don't think any such "taboo" exists...I see no problem with people recommending/discussing potentially competing brands of coffee machine.
                Barry is correct. No such taboo/rule exists. Posts discussing/recommending non-sponsor products occur every day on here.

Java " http://coffeesnobs.com.au/general-ne...icy-rules.html " phile
                Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

They look nice, and you'd hope they'd made them more reliable, but it's still far to early to compare. The 6910 has been out for a long time, and there are vast numbers of them around, so you'd expect to see more in for repair as they age.

Comment

Originally posted by spoco2 View Post
                    They look nice, and you'd hope they'd made them more reliable, but it's still far to early to compare. The 6910 has been out for a long time, and there are vast numbers of them around, so you'd expect to see more in for repair as they age.
                    I agree and that's why I had my 6910 repaired and am now going top wait and see if there are any 7000 negative reports over the next few months.

Comment

So, I've got a dilemma (of the good kind). I've decided on either a 6910 or a 7000 - my question is do folks think the 7000 justifies the approx $200 price difference? With some of the discounts floating around recently on the 6910 it could be closer to $300 as the 7000 isn't being discounted much yet.

The 6910 seems to have a few known servicing issues, whereas the 7000 is unknown - you would HOPE that Sunbeam are learning from their issues and building a more robust machine.

The 7000 has a few niceties that I would like (eg. stronger steaming), but does that justify $200+?

Comment

After having my 3 yr old 6910 gasket replaced a few weeks ago, once again the machine is not working properly, pressure valve is all over the place and coffee is bitter even though I am using the same coffee beans.

So I am now walking down to the cafe at Fingal Beach to have a coffee most mornings [which is far healthier] and mulling over whether to buy the 7000, could be a discount after Xmas

Am not inclined to pay more than the $800 I have seen it advertised for online or pay more for the Breville which in my eyes is in the same class as the Sunbeam EM7000.

I would go for the EM7000

Comment

I would love to own one of those sleek, shiny, jazzy Italian coffee machines, however, my budget and common sense tells me I have to make do with a Sunbeam...
                          Has your common sense ruled out the Rancilio Silvia then ?......
                          ..Its Italian, shiny, and well respected for its excellent coffee making abilities...<$650 !

Comment

I used my common sense to read the reviews about the Rancilio Silvia, mixed as are the Sunbeam ...

Comment

Am not inclined to pay more than the $800 I have seen it advertised for online or pay more for the Breville which in my eyes is in the same class as the Sunbeam EM7000.

I would go for the EM7000
                              Thanks balwoges! Is the way I am leaning.

FYI, local good guys dropped to $780 without blinking, so the price point is already below $800. But the 6910's are being bundled with grinders (albeit not the grinder I want) for mid 6's, which still makes the net difference $200+. I'm a 'new and shiny' kinda guy though

Comment

Working...
                              X