EM6910 grouphead question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM6910 grouphead question

Having just upgraded to the 6910 through gumtree from a cafe Crema I'm thrilled with the difference in coffee quality, but just a quick question. How far should the portafilter move to the right normally? Also I can't seem to locate a working link to the collar replacement guide(for future insurance)

Cheers!

Normally no further than 6 o'clock (pointing straight at you).

For the guide search google using "EM69xx Service and rebuild Guides"
    Ignore the first link you find and use the link in post #23.
    Last edited by Thundergod; 23 January 2013, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks I now have the guide. Its very thorough shouldn't be an issue if I need it. I'm a Registered nurse and electrician so should be able to cope with any emergencies. The guy I bought it off piled the the basket full and tight so I suspect its been well overdosed in its life. Handle locks in around the 4-5 mark but no leaks. Should I do anything about it or wait? Will have to look up a good maintenance guide too.

Comment

If you don't know how old the group head seal is (blue silicon ring) then I'd be inclined to replace it. When I got my used 6910 last year the PF would lock at 4.30 to 5 o'clock. Replacing the seal in the 2.5 year old machine fixed the problem. While you're replacing the seal you can also give the inside of the shower screen a clean. I also descaled and backflushed the machine as well.

Don't know why people overdose, just buy a bigger basket.

Comment

Yeah I see the blue seal, will get some to have on hand so I don' have to worry about downtime too much. By backflush I presume you mean the blind basket forcing water up through the screen? How often should I do this as at the moment I am brush cleaning/flushing the screen and grouphead only.

Comment

Jasey,

Yes a backflush involves you putting the grey rubber blind disc (it should be inside the back door) in the double basket and putting a few doses of water through using the manual button.

Do yourself a favour though, and pull out the showerscreen (this will come out when you go to take out the blue seal - just remove the single screw in the centre) and pull it all apart and give it a good clean and scrub. If the machine has an unknown heritage you may end up backflushing grinds and god knows what else back through the system.

Comment

Thanks for the advice will do

Comment

Working...
              X