Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville Dual Boiler vs QuickMill Anita

Hi Guy's,
    I am trying to work out if I should by a Breville Dual Boiler or Quickmill Anita
    Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations.
    I am moving on from my EM7000 as I want a boiler machine and am looking for a machine and grinder combo of around $1,500

On a final note has anyone ever bought from coffee italia?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by hazram1 View Post
    Hi Guy's,
    I am trying to work out if I should by a Breville Dual Boiler or Quickmill Anita
    Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations.
    I am moving on from my EM7000 as I want a boiler machine and am looking for a machine and grinder combo of around $1,500

On a final note has anyone ever bought from coffee italia?

Thanks in advance
    Are you looking for more features or control??

Comment

Originally posted by hazram1 View Post

I am moving on from my EM7000 as I want a boiler machine
      Hi, sorry I can't actually help with your question. Although Seattle Coffee Gear has video reviews of both online.
      Very interested in the EM7000 & BES900, was leaning towards the Breville but got worried about the plastic collar for the portafilter (also like the - don't laugh - milk temp gauge idea on the Sunbeam)
      Do you think the heating element for the group head on the Breville would make much difference, or can the same effect be accomplished by running hot water through the Sunbeam first?
      Would you be so kind as to enlighten me on your ideas on the differences with these machines?

I hope this query doesn't seem too extremely ignorant!
      Last edited by gerrardsc; 5 February 2013, 11:25 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Gerrardsc

The Bes900 has two PIDs one for the brew boiler and one for the group. It also has a heating element in the group head to maintain the chosen temperature within one degree during the pour. Therefore the brew temperature would be more stable than with the EM7000.

Barry

Comment

Thanks Barry, seems the BDB would provide a better and more consistent shot, as well as on demand (and better?) steaming too.

Comment

Working...
          X