Rancilio Lucy... some questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancilio Lucy... some questions

Hi all, I'm thinking of purchasing a second-hand Rancilio Lucy as my first (grown-up) machine. It's basically a Silvia and a Rocky grinder in one combined unit. I'm aware of the disadvantages of such a combination, but there's a chance I might be able to get it at a reasonable price (sub-$500).
    It's build date is from 2003. I guess what I'm wondering is whether these machines have the longevity to still provide me with some years of use and what you would do in my position! How much do you think it's worth?

I think for a 10yo machine its overpriced. Unless you can physically inspect it & test it on all functions, I would steer clear. Heating elements aren't cheap to replace and the grinder burrs may need changing also. Even if they were OK the price would still be an issue. The Silvia is still available for $499 online from a large coffee company with stores in a 5 States.

Comment

Yep, well over priced, they never were a very popular machine.

Comment

Thanks guys, PM sent to CafeLotta!

Comment

Just wondering which store this is that sells the Silvia for $499...

Comment

Reply sent. Check PM.

Comment

Ok, just ordered my new Silvia from the retailer CafeLotta recommended. Will let you guys know how I go. I'll start a new thread somewhere else though... wonder which forum would be appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by MrSnrub View Post
                Ok, just ordered my new Silvia from the retailer CafeLotta recommended. Will let you guys know how I go. I'll start a new thread somewhere else though... wonder which forum would be appropriate.
                Brewing equipment mid range.

Comment

Working...
                X