Sunbeam EM6910 Steam block leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam EM6910 Steam block leak

Hello all! I've been a bit of a voyeur on Coffee snobs for a while now, and now I need some serious help!

I have a straight-out-of-the-box EM6910 that I bought second hand. It had not been opened, not been used, but had been sitting packed in a box for roughly 3 years. Unfortunately, the steam was a bit intermittent and weak, so I decided to try a descale with vinegar solution. Not much of a result, but the steam became a bit stronger, but took a while to get there.

Now I've taken the cover off (yes, I unplugged, switched off, double-triple checked and am aware of the 240V nasties!), unscrewed the nuts on the copper pipes going into the steam thermoblock, tried to give them a little clean, screwed everything back up, and now it seems I have a leak at the lower elbow pipe going into the steam thermo block (see the big arrow in the pic). Am I looking at having to replace the thermo block? Or can I seal this up somehow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Having no coffee in the morning is not cool at all!

Picture courtesy of one of Martrix's post (thanks!)

Not meaning to be rude ElGusto, but, if your having trouble with the basic plumbing I'd suggest your in over your depth, take it to a technician.

Comment

Thanks - I'm not looking forward to the $90 quote + repairs. Don't think I'll be getting another sunbeam again!

Comment

Originally posted by ElGusto View Post
        Thanks - I'm not looking forward to the $90 quote + repairs. Don't think I'll be getting another sunbeam again!
        What area do you live, perhaps there's a handy Coffee Snob within striking distance.

Comment

I'm in Leichhardt - Sydney.

Comment

Working...
          X