Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silvia - Problems after brew head clean!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvia - Problems after brew head clean!

Hi folks

I took the screen off my group head to clean and since putting it back on, the portafilter no longer fits back on the same way - its like I am way over-dosed even when using a small amount.....my guess is that i have put one of the parts around the wrong way....is there a guide somewhere as to how these parts SHOULD go back together?

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

thx

Take the screen off again, from recollection there is a water distributor under the screen Coffee Parts | Rancilio Silvia Group Head Section Parts part # 700347 the flat side faces down, the smaller diameter raised section faces up, perhaps you replaced it the wrong way round.
    Let's know how you get on.

Comment

Silvia - Problems after brew head clean!

Originally posted by Yelta View Post
      Take the screen off again, from recollection there is a water distributor under the screen Coffee Parts | Rancilio Silvia Group Head Section Parts part # 700347 the flat side faces down, the smaller diameter raised section faces up, perhaps you replaced it the wrong way round.
      Let's know how you get on.
      Yelta is probably on the money with that one, I've done it myself! You can also put the brass ring on backwards, so check that too - it will also result in the symptoms you describe.

Comment

Thanks guys - it was actually as Fruity said, the brass that was upside-down !

This part fits equally as well either way, so I wonder how many Silvias are out there with an ill-fitted brew head screen where the owners just dose a bit less to make up for it?

Thanks Yelta for your suggestion to, although water distributer is upside down, there is virtually no thread left for the screw....

Anyway, Silvia is back to its former glory - CS to the rescue again

Comment

Another good result, pleased it worked out for you Tony.

Comment

Working...
          X