Smaller silvia steam tip hole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smaller silvia steam tip hole?

Does anyone think the V3 steam wand lets out too much steam pressure when fully open? I think it would benefit from a smaller diameter hole. I was getting better microfoam with the V2 wand because of the more controlled outlet hole size. I am usually steaming in a small jug which take about 10-15 seconds to get up to temp. The V3 wand is great in bigger jugs but for a machine that is designed to do 1-2 cups at a time, i think rancilio should make an aftermaket smaller diameter tip for smaller jugs. thoughts?

Then don't open the steam all the way then. It ain't exactly rocket surgery. If fully open is too much then tone it down a wee bit.

Comment

Ive tried that but the difference between on and off is about 3mm of turning which makes it very dificult to find the mark within 10 seconds of steaming

Comment

Find the sweet spot and then mark it on your machine... use a piece of tape if you're not too keen on marking your shiny Silvia

Comment

Should be able to steam comfortably with full steam ahead. Perhaps keep the jug in the fridge?

Comment

ill give it a go, cheers

Comment

Working...
            X