Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancilio Silvia or bezzera bz99??

Hey everyone
    Im ready to buy a good second hand machine and these two machines seem to be popping up as a pretty good choice. Which one do you think is the better machine? And is a bezzera too solid and commercial for a domestic machine? Im moving on from a sunbeam and willing to spend around 500, so any other options for me?
    Any help really appreciated.
    Thanks

Rancilio Silvia or bezzera bz99??

Very different machines. The Silvia is about $500 new, and great value, as long as you get a decent grinder with it.

The bezzera is more like 3-4 times the price, so not a fair comparison.

If your price range is 500 then you really can't go wrong with the Silvia. For many people it's the next machine when moving from a sunbeam or breville.

Comment

From looking around on gumtree and ebay ive found the silvia is cheaper, normally getting a decent grinder with it for 600 (second hand). Or the bezzera itself goes for around 500 or a bit less. In saying that, they are often 10 years old. I have a sunbeam cafe series grinder at the moment, so the combo would either be a) the bezzera and sunbeam grinder or b) a silvia and a slightly better grinder. Roughly the same price spent... Thoughts?

Comment

better grinder will probably give you better shots than the better coffee machine with your current grinder

Comment

Sweet, thanks guys. Silvia and breville smart grinder is my plan forward! thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
          X