Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EM6910 new Collar, but group handle is now not staying put!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM6910 new Collar, but group handle is now not staying put!

I've decided to upgrade, and in the process, donate my Sunbeam EM6910 to my son. However, I don't want to hand it over with problems, so I was hoping I may get some good troubleshooting advice here!

I had the collar replaced on it last year, and I haven't used the machine very much since.

Problem.... when extracting a shot, the group handle doesn't like to stay locked in and it starts moving back to the left, to the point where I now hold it in the centre so that it doesn't move.

Initially I thought the new collar was a little tight and would wear in a bit. Then I thought it was me, so played with beans, grind, amount, tamp etc.

I've cleaned it, replaced the seal, again, but now wondering if the old group handle is worn and... I maybe stating the obvious here, but if you get a new collar, should you get a new group handle at the same time?

Any advice, suggestions....much appreciated. I think the old girl still has some life left in it !!

Maybe wear on the 'ears' of your group handle? Maybe see if you can borrow another one to test this!

Comment

Working...
    X