Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam EM6910 Circuit Board Pinouts.

Hello,

I'm just wondering if anyone here has a schematic of the circuit board pinouts for an EM6910?

My issue was that the pump would run when 240v was applied from the wall, without turning the machine on at all. I found some advice on this forum that suggested it may be a microswitch. I disconnected the suggested switch connector (the white one which is closest to the bottom edge) from the PCB and the machine now powers up normally, however the steam, group head and hot water still work!

According to the service manual I found online, the white connector I disconnected is actually the buzzer, whereas a post here suggested that was the Hot Water microswitch.

I thought rather than disassemble and reassemble again I might as well ask if anyone knows for certain, as maybe the initial problem was simply a cabling issue that I inadvertedly reseated when I pulled the PCB out.

Cheers!

-Mike

There's an EM6910 Service Manual available for download - has wiring diagrams in it that should help. Go to EM6910 Service Manual

Comment

@KINETIC: I think it is a triac switch (MAC97A8) whose purpose is to provide the ground to the pumps according to the inputs like water pump and steam pump and it is not related to the steam, group head and hot water. That is why these parts are working normally even after the removal of the switch.

Comment

Kinetic, have you done any work on the machine that may have allowed water to get onto the board? I was about to replace the triac but thought I would try a heat lamp first. After 30 minutes under a heat lamp the problem was gone. My symptoms were identical to yours and I had just replaced the steam pump.

Comment

Originally posted by alexm1 View Post
          Kinetic, have you done any work on the machine that may have allowed water to get onto the board? I was about to replace the triac but thought I would try a heat lamp first. After 30 minutes under a heat lamp the problem was gone. My symptoms were identical to yours and I had just replaced the steam pump.
          Nope. but will take it apart after exams and have a look at what's going on.

Comment

Note that I trained the heat lamp on the main board. It seems that triacs will activate easily and a slightly damp board can cause this to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by alexm1 View Post
              Note that I trained the heat lamp on the main board. It seems that triacs will activate easily and a slightly damp board can cause this to happen.
              Thanks Alex. I recently took apart the machine for an inspection / new group seal and re-connected the triac and it's not working correctly. Must've been a bit of moisture in there!

I'm still having trouble getting my grind/pressure correct though!

Comment

Working...
              X