Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - First Coffee Machine Choosing

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a Coffee machine for home, the budget is around $1500 for both machine and the grinder.

Now I am looking at two combination;

1, NS Oscar + Rocky

2, Brevilli BES 900 + Smart Grinder or Rocky

I only drinking espresso, but my wife is a big fan of latte art.

So any suggestion? Or any other better choices?

Thanks in advance,

Evan

Another grinder suggestion that should your budget would be to look at the Compak K3
    I believe one of the site sponsors may have them on special too at the moment

I personally had the NS Oscar before and it is definitely a beast. One of the best entry level HX machines around

Comment

Hi Evan,

If you don't need a double boiler or HX machine, you could consider a better grinder and a single boiler machine with PID. As an espresso drinker a combination skewed more towards the grinder could give you more in the cup. Or if you can stretch the budget a little you can have it all ;-) There are sponsor deals around at the moment for under $2K that are amazing value.

If you can tell us more about the intended use (eg any big orders for milky drinks or is just one or two at a time? is warm up time important?) you may get more feedback.

charlie

Comment

+1 for better grinder then the smart grinder, for straight espresso any small burr conical should be avoided or you will slowly turn into a latte drinker

Comment

I tend to agree with Lemoo, if you can afford one of those machines and can stretch it to get a Compak k3 you wont forget it.

Comment

Hi lemoo, yes, compak k3 is a good option as well, I will 100% think about it! Thanks

Comment

Hi Charlie, as a beginner, I probably start with $1500. Lol. Im a espresso drinker, but my wife only having latte and cappuccino, also she loves latte art, she usually take 4-5 liter milk to practice.

Oh, yes, we got a rancillio Silvia with pid in the office, but I just want one better than that~ thanks

Comment

Haha, thanks Jimmy, I was a latte drinker, now turned into a espresso drinker~

Comment

Yes! I found a price for k3 $420, rocky $399....

Comment

Site sponsor Talk Coffee is currently selling the K3 for $399, if he has any left.

I have both the K3 and Rocky, they're both great in different ways. The K3 is more adjustable than the Rocky, so I think it's better for more advanced users. The Rocky is a fantastic starting grinder as its so easy to dial in.

Comment

I have the Oscar - Fantastic machine. Go the K3 as well. Negotiate, hopefully someone will come to the party.

Cheers yabba

Comment

Hey Jonathon, if they are the same price, I will definitely go K3!! Thanks for you INFO~

Comment

Originally posted by yabba View Post
                          I have the Oscar - Fantastic machine. Go the K3 as well. Negotiate, hopefully someone will come to the party.

Cheers yabba
                          The coffee expo is opening next week, I might have a look the real machine and then make my final decision

Comment

Working...
                          X