I'm a happy boy with his Silvia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a happy boy with his Silvia

Have been busy weekend playing with my Silvia.

big thanks to Cadan for his pressure tester. I found my machine was pumping out between 9.5 to 10.5 bar with the needle bouncing up and down.
    So I marked the OPV bold with a market pen and adjusted it down by 1/2 a bolt side. So now my pressure is reading at between 8.5 to 9.5 bar. Good average?

First trial I found my shots were still pretty fast.

Disappointed. So I decided to tackle my second project with the auber PID I just received from Jetblack. It was the kit with the preinfusion. Installation was very easy. Even I could do it

Powered it up... Great it works let it warmed up awhile. Filled my VST 20g basket and ran it with the count down of 25sec. It came out with 2 glasses at 60ml near exact. Not the best but not ideal I think.

Decided to try the stock double basket. Didn't do the WDT or anything. Just dose, shake, dose, tap on table and tamp.

Pulled the shot and came out with the nice thick and rich in colour. It was delicious. Even my girlfriend said she could taste hazelnut in her coffee and is not bitter or sour.

Made 3 shots so far. All 3 are consistant with the texture and taste. The PID made it so much easier without the need temp surf and don't need to waste too much water too.

Don't know if it was luck, the constipation was aligned in the correct way or what. I am really happy to have the right result today.

Here's to looking forward to more great shots

Glad you like it, dude

Comment

Yeh and all the best with your constipation, more coffee should do the trick!

Comment

Originally posted by Wynton87 View Post
        OMG!... Constellation!! Damn you auto correct.....

Comment

Originally posted by Wynton87 View Post
          Originally posted by okitoki View Post
          Pulled the shot and came out with the nice thick and rich in colour. It was delicious. Even my girlfriend said she could taste hazelnut
          :sick:

tenchars

Comment

Hahaha. I'm in tears now!!

Comment

Glad I could help in some way,sorry about the bouncing needle on the gauge,
              My machine has a rotary pump so I get a steady reading on the dry gauge,the vibration pumps need a wet gauge to get a steady reading, still gives you a general idea of the pressure so you can adjust to suit,
              Good to see your shots are improving

Comment

woah... quick update...
                Nothing changed. Same grind on the same beans, same temp with the PID, using the VST basket pulling double shots.... taste came out burnt bitter taste. Have an aftertaste in my mouth even till now similar to sucking a piece of burnt toast
                still have the PID set at 105C

Wonder what changed it so sudden... shots still coming out right, with the right speed and volume at the right time with good crema... I guess a good looking shot doesn't mean a tasty shot....

Comment

No wonder it tastes burnt with your PID set at 103c. Try turning it down to the low 90s. I run my Brevilles PID at 93c.

I expect it depends on where the temperature is taken. Mine is taken at the brew head.

Barry

Comment

Check your connections - possibly something's come loose, which would (IIRC) make the PID read a low temp, ramping the output to 100% and sending water down the line at a very high temp.

Originally posted by Barry_Duncan View Post
                    No wonder it tastes burnt with your PID set at 103c. Try turning it down to the low 90s. I run my Brevilles PID at 93c.
                    Originally posted by Barry_Duncan View Post

I expect it depends on where the temperature is taken. Mine is taken at the brew head.

Barry

I find it interesting that your Breville's is taken at the grouphead... it's not a great way of doing it.

Comment

hmm... hope all the connections are still ok... I was thinking that maybe the sensor may have fallen off? will take it apart tonight to have a look see...

also, would a temp difference of 1c make much difference?

Comment

So, not the same beans then? >_>

Absolutely the way you roast can make/break beans.

Comment

what the? i typed one (1) and Celcius (C) and it changed to first crack? 1c haha... I know when I type L.O.L it would change it to " lol " but didnt see this change

no... same blend of beans I used since installed the PID.

so the question is... would a temperature difference of 1 degree C makes a difference?

Comment

Oh >.<

1°C won't take you from delicious to nasty.

Comment

how much of a variation before I notice a difference then?

Comment

Working...
                              X