Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silvia Uneven water from the grouphead

Hi all,

I did a quick search, but only a few results came up mainly regarding uneven pours from a double spout group handle.

I took the shower screen and all the grouphead parts off to give them a good clean, and when I replaced them the water was really uneven through the group.

When I say uneven, mainly water from the front and really bubbly at the rear as though it was steam (but same thing not matter how much water run through)

I slightly undid the screw, and retightened,but not as tight as before (which wasnt that tight anyway) and all seems to be good.

Has anyone else come across this?

Also, is it worth replacing the shower screen? It seems to clean up pretty well. I need to do the group seal which should be arriving this week.

Cheers,
    Nic

May be worthwhile to check if the machine is dead level

Comment

I'd also check you put the jetbreaker (that little silver conical piece) back in the correct way.

Comment

As I mentioned, it does seem to be fine now, just thought someone might have come across this before to confirm.

Originally posted by fruity View Post
        I'd also check you put the jetbreaker (that little silver conical piece) back in the correct way.
        @fruity, does it have a particular angular orientation? I don't imagine it would fit in upside down, not that I tried

One thing I noticed, is that the OPV is set far too low. I always had my suspicions as the machine was choking quite easily. When I did the blind filter water flow test it came out as something like 7bars.

Cheers,
        Nic

Comment

Originally posted by nicovington View Post
          @fruity, does it have a particular angular orientation? I don't imagine it would fit in upside down, not that I tried
          It is apparently *possible* to install it upside down, I'm not sure how much effort is involved in doing that though, but rotationally speaking IIRC there is no particular orientation (though it's been a while since I've had a Silvia group apart).

You don't want to do the showerscreen bolt up too tight in any case, the group will expand when it heats and if you do the bolt up too tight it can be become stressed around the base of the head and you may shear its head off when you try to remove it the next time.

Comment

I'm 99.99% confident it was the correct orientation.

I also took it apart while it was hot, and did it up to the appropriate tension whilst still hot. All seems fine at the moment, but I will check it comes out okay again.

Just about to install my PID and set up the new K3P Grinder

Comment

Working...
            X