Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price Check in isle 6910!

Hi All,

My Nemox Fenice finally died this morning, after many years of service. Unexpected, but now leaving me without a machine.
    Don't have a huge amount of spare cash at the moment, so only looking to spend ~$500.

Have narrowed it down to 2 machines, and this thread has been asked a million times. Rancilio Silvia v Sunbeam EM6910. Have read almost all of them, with the Silvia looking to probably be the "better" machine?
    Local prices for the Silvia are ~$900 which is absurd, but have found the EM6910 on sale at a local HN for ~$598.

Is this a good price, and an okay buy? Tempted to go grab one this afternoon, but wanted a final check... Generally make 2-4 milk based/day, more on weekends.

Cheers,
    Kyle.

do you currently have a good grinder as the Silivia is rather picky on how fine it needs to be?

Comment

There are a couple of good second hand machines in the for sale section within your price range - including an ECM Botticelli with a PID - have a look there.

Comment

Have been looking in the for sale section, but would prefer to buy locally instead of interstate shipping (for a 2nd hand machine).

Grinder wise, mine isn't very fantastic at the moment - but was able to fine tune it enough for the Nemox. Using a Delonghi KG100.
        Looking to upgrade that too, but it'll have to wait a month or two for next pay

Comment

EM6910 is a great value machine IMHO. Mine pumped out thousands of cups - 6-12 per day on average in the 5yrs I had it.

Would have thought they would cost a little less with the new model out. The best cup out of my 6910 was as good as the best cup out of my rocket (rocket is far better at making that great cup every single shot though).

The ability to steam milk while extracting espresso is a good thing. Can't comment on Silvia.

Comment

Originally posted by bodyboardingbum View Post
            Hi All,

My Nemox Fenice finally died this morning, after many years of service. Unexpected, but now leaving me without a machine.
            Don't have a huge amount of spare cash at the moment, so only looking to spend ~$500.
            I know you set a budget of $500...and the EM6910 @ $598 already exceeds that....but if possible, I'd go another $100 and get the later EM7000 which can be had for $700 (currently advertised for $719 at DJ's...got mine for $700 at HN last weekend).

However, if your budget won't extend any further, then yes, you should be happy with the EM6910 (as long as you have a suitable Grinder). As previously suggested, I would have thought the EM6910 should be available for much less than $600...but agree that that does not appear to be the case.

Comment

This thread can be removed, closed, etc.
              Ended up going down an entirely different (yet better, imo) route.

Picked up a Gaggia Baby Dose ($80), then modded to fit the Rancilio Silvia Steam-wand ($45). Combined with a new grinder, Macap MXA ($300)
              Now, looking at picking up a few extra accessories and spare parts, then DIY'ing a PID kit.

All within my budget, and i'm producing great shots already - surpassing what i would imagine i'd get from the EM6910/EM7000. Bring on the PID
              Such an upgrade from my previous Nemox Fenice + KG100.

Comment

Working...
              X