Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

51mm non-pressurised double basket for cheaper Brevilles, without the single?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 51mm non-pressurised double basket for cheaper Brevilles, without the single?

I often visit friends' places, most have Breville 800s or 840s and wouldn't mind buying a non-pressurised double to take with me.

But Breville's Oz site shows a pack including both single and double, $25 plus $31 postage (!). Forget that.

Also only mentions compatibility with the 800 (which I'm assuming is wrong?).

Drilling/removing the bottom of the pressurised baskets isn't an option here.

Is there another option more around the $10 mark that double filter baskets typically cost for multi-thousand dollar machines?

Convince your mates to buy the non-pressurised basket?

Comment

Ebay will get you a single + double for $30 landed.

No other options I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by dski View Post
        Convince your mates to buy the non-pressurised basket?
        They're already happy with their coffee. It's up to me to make them unhappy, then they'll buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragunov21 View Post
          Ebay will get you a single + double for $30 landed.

No other options I'm afraid.
          Cheap printer, expensive ink, colours not available separately?

Thanks - was hoping baskets from other brands might exist.

Comment

Krups use to do a non-pressurised basket that fitted the BES820.
            Try a search here for more details, that's the way I found out about it when I bought mine many moons ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Roubaix View Post
              Krups use to do a non-pressurised basket that fitted the BES820.
              Try a search here for more details, that's the way I found out about it when I bought mine many moons ago.
              This, but they're no cheaper IME.

Comment

Having used both, the krups simply aren't as good. The holes are larger and fines pass through; with a noticable difference in the puck. More forgiving of grind size though (i.e. less sensitive to it).

Comment

BTW, does the 840 take the same baskets as the 800 and 820? All spare parts sites I've visited seem to neglect mentioning the 840.

Comment

Originally posted by simonko View Post
                    BTW, does the 840 take the same baskets as the 800 and 820? All spare parts sites I've visited seem to neglect mentioning the 840.
                    No, the 840 uses 54mm baskets. The 860 also uses 54mm baskets i believe, Breville seemed to be bridging the gap slowly between the entry level machines with 51mm baskets and the 900 with the 58mm basket.

Comment

Working...
                    X