Breville's New BES920 Dual Boiler Debut at Aroma this Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville's New BES920 Dual Boiler Debut at Aroma this Sunday

Just a heads up for all Snobs heading to Aroma Festival this weekend in Sydney, we'll be debuting our BES920 Dual Boiler. Never seen in public before, this is a significant ugrade to the highly successful BES900. We'll have 2 on display for use by anyone wanting to put it through its paces. Improvements include:

2400W Heating system
    Descale access by the user
    Adjustable Steam Boiler Temp (pressure)
    Volumetrics: able to select either time based or volume based
    Exclusive Razor precision dosing tool

We'll also have 4 Oracle espresso machines to test drive as well.

Come down to Aroma & test drive one.

Hope we catch up with plenty of Snobs!

Cheers, Phil

Hopefully someone can post some pictures here of the new machine after saturday?

Comment

Oo exciting. I demand photos/more info after Sunday for all those who aren't anywhere near Sydney!

Comment

There were photos taken at the SCAA's 25th Exposition in Boston earlier this year.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...o-machine.html

Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Barry_Duncan View Post
          There were photos taken at the SCAA's 25th Exposition in Boston earlier this year.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...o-machine.html

Barry
          Thats the Oracle

Comment

Hi Barry I think those pictures are of the Oracle (with built in grinder) not the 920

Comment

Originally posted by jonster View Post
              Hi Barry I think those pictures are of the Oracle (with built in grinder) not the 920
              too slow

Comment

About time - can't wait for the new bes920 thread. The BES900 thread is in need of an urgent descale...

Comment

Jimmy, you are right. It looks like Breville will have both the Oracle and the 920 on show on their stand on the MCA lawn at The Rocks Aroma Festival in Sydney this Sunday.

Barry

Comment

So, does anyone know availability dates for the bes920?

Comment

Originally posted by mcknightp View Post
                      Improvements include:

2400W Heating system
                      Descale access by the user
                      Adjustable Steam Boiler Temp (pressure)
                      Volumetrics: able to select either time based or volume based
                      Exclusive Razor precision dosing tool

Cheers, Phil
                      What about the PF? is it going to have the bigger / rectangular shaped lugs as seen in the US on BES900b models, to stop the slipping?

If so are they going to be made available to BES900 owners ? will they fit? unless I religiously keep the seal / collar clean,(Every 10 shots or so) the PF slips and is giving me the sh....

Don't get me wrong, I am making some of the best coffee I have ever tasted on this machine, but it really seems to be a big design flaw to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve82 View Post
                        What about the PF? is it going to have the bigger / rectangular shaped lugs as seen in the US on BES900b models, to stop the slipping?
                        Found this on a finnish forum, No4 sounds like the updated portafilter

The following list summarizes differences on BES920 compared to BES900:

1) Self descaling system - able to be descaled by the user
                        2) More accurate shot dose using a single flow meter design
                        3) Improved design on double spout
                        4) Improved design on filter holder ramps
                        5) Improved material on shower head o-ring to reduce corrosion
                        6) Improved filter baskets design to reduce puk sticking
                        7) Higher wattage (2400W)
                        8) Adjustable steam boiler temperature to allow high steam wand pressure
                        9) New 480ml jug matched to the capacity of the steam system

Comment

Oh boy, more toys to make the missus suffer...BH and i just bort my 840 a few weeks ago now this cums out...mite hav to ebay it..

Comment

Just had a go at the Oracle machine at the festival. Dead easy to use and to make a great coffee and best of all no mess from the grinder! Would be a perfect machine for newbie that was considering a super automatic machine, but with all the benefits of a manual machine.

Comment

Would be a perfect machine for newbie that was considering a super automatic machine, but with all the benefits of a manual machine

For sure, that's pretty much what I thought at SCAA too, has the appeal of a super auto and the output of a semi-auto. Biggest difference is that it doses a good amount of coffee into a real sizes group handle (unlike most superautos that only do 7 gram shots).
                              It should be a big hit with the white-goods store buyers.

Comment

Working...
                              X