EM6910 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM6910 question

Hi, my 6910 has been having some problems over the last year. I look after it, regular backflush, descale.
    I bought it the week they came out. Currently the handle goes all the way to the right and it does not feel right. A new seal does not help and I took it for a new collar to a sunbeam service agent. Also the steam is currently hopeless and very slow so I wanted this serviced too. The service agent said that it will not fit a new collar despite a few hours of trying (and it looks like they do a dozen collars a week). He thought that the very earliest 6910s had a different collar to the later ones. So the current collars dont fit my machine which he said the first ones to market were a sort of 6900/6910 hybrid. So I now have a machine in parts and a crappy steam wand. Apparently after five years the steam wand needs decalcing professionally.

It's a bit mystifying because the collar was replaced once at Ashfield about two years ago.

My question: since the machine is not in warranty, what are my options now? Is this how they die?
    should I leave it out with the next council clean up or is there somewhere in Sydney I should take it?
    i am not sentimental about the machine. While I liked it when it worked and it made about four coffees a day for years, mostly stress free, I am over the way whenever anything went wrong with it this was always described as my fault. Since i had formal sunbeam training on the machine when it came out this used to irk me and i have been admiring coffeesnobs as a voice of reason for years, letting me understand its not all my fault! (thanks coffeesnobs community)! I am currently drinking pour over.
    thanks so much.

I'd go to Ashfield and ask the service guy there about it. Or ring Sunbeam and ask them based on the numbers on the label. You may just have hit a slack service guy. But sounds like you've had a reasonable run with it - maybe look at what budget you have for a new machine and start browsing the forums?

Comment

Hello, some follow up. Apparently the machine is about 7-8 years old. I did not repair it. I bought an Otto. The 6910 is free to anyone who wants to pick it up (Rozelle, NSW)- pump works, needs new collar. pm me. Otherwise garbage bin.

The Otto is very nice. Coffee is tasty. Steam is strong. I went to a few stores and realised I want an HX machine and the budget does not go that far yet. Guess I have to go lurk on the Otto forums.

Comment

Working...
      X