Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commercial machines for home use, advice please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial machines for home use, advice please!

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to the world of coffee and am wanting to upgrade from my basic Krups to something with a lot more grunt! I have come across La Pavoni PUB 1EM and also a Bezzera BZ35 which both seem to be at good prices, really cheap in fact.... I was wondering if you think these would be suitable for home? And are there any things I need to keep in mind with these commercial machines? I understand the Bezzera will need to be plumbed.

Welcome Hawky,

Why do you want to jump straight to a 'commercial' machine? For home use you can get a great quality machine with an E61 group for around the $2k mark, and some really cool stuff for $1k more. Are you planning on occasional high volume use or something?
    Cheers
    BOSW.

Comment

Plumbing is one issue the other is the power supply manly need higher amps than a standard domestic socket

Comment

Getting a 15A or 20A circuit and outlet installed isn't overly complicated or expensive. However, your commercial machine will consume HEAPS more electricity than anything built for the home.

Comment

The BZ35 runs on 10A, its the same boiler/element as the Galatea Domus

Comment

Originally posted by Barry O'Speedwagon View Post
            Welcome Hawky,

Why do you want to jump straight to a 'commercial' machine? For home use you can get a great quality machine with an E61 group for around the $2k mark, and some really cool stuff for $1k more. Are you planning on occasional high volume use or something?
            Cheers
            BOSW.
            Wow thanks for the replies everyone! It was the price that got me interested. A couple of Pavoni PUB models for around $500 and the BZ35 for $850. But I guess it's one of the "too good to be true" moments! I spoke to a friend tonight who said you never know how much they have been used, and how much you will have to spend in repairs. I think after all I am strongly leaning towards the Nouvo Simonelli Oscar. Seems like the best option for around the money I want to spend. I would have liked hot water supply but I've read that you can just steam water to the temp you want in about 20 seconds anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by Hawky View Post
              Wow thanks for the replies everyone! It was the price that got me interested. A couple of Pavoni PUB models for around $500 and the BZ35 for $850. But I guess it's one of the "too good to be true" moments! I spoke to a friend tonight who said you never know how much they have been used, and how much you will have to spend in repairs. I think after all I am strongly leaning towards the Nouvo Simonelli Oscar. Seems like the best option for around the money I want to spend. I would have liked hot water supply but I've read that you can just steam water to the temp you want in about 20 seconds anyway..
              Hey Hawky, Welcome to CS.

To make comment on you OP, yes they are as suitable as they are able to work into your space, electrics etc. Don't disregard secondhand machines and maybe a few repairs are worth it. Not trying to put you off the oscar as that's what I have and I'm happy with it, especially for the price I paid. I paid $275 and I had to change the shower screen. So I think bargains do occur, I would have a good look at the machines you mentioned, for me the Pavoni. Or email me the details so I can buy one.

Cheers Yabba

Comment

Does the current Oscar come prefitted with a Sirai pressurestat these days?

Comment

Working...
                X