Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breville BES900 Err 1

Howdy All,

I thought I would start a new thread for this rather than posting it in the owners thread just to make the search easier in the future for others. This morning I turned on the machine and left it for 15mins or so to do other things, on return the lights were still blinking and the temp gauge showed 120C and I guess trying to go further! So I turned the machine off and on which then showed the 'Err 1' code. Tried the reset with the same result showing. I have called Breville and they have suggested taking the machine in to be serviced or possibly swapped. Has anyone else seen this error code and if so what was the result for you? The machine is 3 months old.

Cheers
    Dave
    Last edited by vanwonky; 29 July 2013, 01:18 PM.

If your near a breville service centre or depot just take it there.

If not you can insist that the phone consultant organise for it to be picked up by courier, pretty sure they use star track.

Otherwise you can always try taking it back to the retailer, such a failure within 3 months is not acceptable, your entitled to have the product replaced or your money refunded.

Comment

Search engines don't care whether a post is in a new thread or an existing one. A quick search shows there are multiple tens of posts containing err1/err 1 on this site. Rather than hoping people who have seen that err read and respond to your post it would be quicker and more informative for you if you read the posts they've already made about it.

Java "Search engines are handy tools to know how to use." phile
      Last edited by Javaphile; 29 July 2013, 03:09 PM. Reason: Grammar
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve82 View Post
        If your near a breville service centre or depot just take it there.

If not you can insist that the phone consultant organise for it to be picked up by courier, pretty sure they use star track.

Otherwise you can always try taking it back to the retailer, such a failure within 3 months is not acceptable, your entitled to have the product replaced or your money refunded.
        Thanks Steve. Luckily I have a service agent close to me. The Breville customer service rep was emphatic that I box every item to do with the machine and bring it back so maybe it is terminal! I will post updates for reference as it happens.

Originally posted by Javaphile View Post
        Search engines don't care whether a post is in a new thread or an existing one. A quick search shows there are multiple tens of posts containing err1/err 1 on this site. Rather than hoping people who have seen that err read and respond to your post that you read the posts they've already made about it.

Java "Search engines are handy tools to know how to use." phile
        Javaphile - I did a search on the forum for Err 1 with no results (or maybe too many I was told). 'Err 1 BES900' had results but none specific to my problem in the threads that I could see. The error code seems to be a fairly specific problem on its own so I can't really see the harm having a thread on it.

Comment

I did a search on the forum for Err 1 with no results
          While err 1 has hardly any results, err1 on the other hand returns almost 40. With that many posts on the error I suspect you'll find something useful, or at least informative.

Java "Computers are stupid, they only do what you tell them to." phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
          X