Quick help - Opinions on machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick help - Opinions on machine

Story goes, originally owned a Breville BES860, sold it 18 months ago but now missing it terribly. Looking to return to a decent machine. I was looking at the Sunbeam EM7000 due to its abilities to to extract and steam simultaneously, then realised a Thermoblock system is inferior. Looked toward a Breville BES900 being twin boilers but its too large for my kitchen space. Both needing a grinder aswell equaled more loss in space.

Decided to go to Breville BES870, the upgraded version of my original UNTIL I discovered the Lelit PL042TEMD (Combi with PID). Can anyone point me towards the better machine under $1000?

BES870 or Lelit Combi?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by derwainsta View Post
    .... I was looking at the Sunbeam EM7000 due to its abilities to to extract and steam simultaneously,.

. UNTIL I discovered the Lelit PL042TEMD (Combi with PID). Can anyone point me towards the better machine under $1000?

BES870 or Lelit Combi?

Thanks in advance
    Well you are not comparing apples to apples... the Lelit is a single boiler, so no simultaneous steaming.
    Personally,..i would look for a pre-loved, E61, HX machine.

Comment

Originally posted by blend52 View Post
      Well you are not comparing apples to apples... the Lelit is a single boiler, so no simultaneous steaming.
      Personally,..i would look for a pre-loved, E61, HX machine.
      The BES870 is Thermocoil and Lelit Combi single boiler yes, but that's the choice at the moment unless another is suggested. Of the two, which is better and what others shouldi be looking at.

I will now check out the E61/HX but would rather buy new. They seem way out of my price range.

I do not mind a single system, I dealt with that before with the BES860, I just want a superior machine for the price I'm paying. The built in grinder is a big bonus for me. The question is, is Lelit a great machine?
      Last edited by derwainsta; 31 July 2013, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Lelits are great machines. They do a dual boiler now and a few of the sponsors sell them. You an also get the Combi with a PID that might make it a bit easier to deal with the single boiler limitation.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...combi-pid.html

Comment

Working...
        X