Brew Pressure Gauge for my Nuova Simonelli Oscar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brew Pressure Gauge for my Nuova Simonelli Oscar

Hi guys, I am new here, just wanna ask how to install a brew pressure gauge on my Nuova Simonelli Oscar? and where do I get those accessories? I had been searching for them, but I couldn't find any online.

Thanks

Originally posted by MrCoffeeBean View Post
    Hi guys, I am new here, just wanna ask how to install a brew pressure gauge on my Nuova Simonelli Oscar? and where do I get those accessories? I had been searching for them, but I couldn't find any online. Thanks
    I can't help you with a detailed explanation of how to do this on an Oscar, but the principle is fairly simple. You install a "T" piece in the pipe between the pump and the boiler/HX and run a copper or high pressure plastic tube from the T to the gauge. If the machine has an OPV it would probably need to be between that and the boiler or HX. A couple of our members show how they did this on their Sunbeams in this thread :-
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...shots-now.html

The gauges can be bought from R S Components. Their prices are as good or better than any I could find, and their service is excellent.
    I bought one with the intention of fitting it to my Gaggia, but ended up making a portafilter gauge and adjusting the OPV instead.

Hope this helps a little, Deegee.
    Last edited by deegee; 15 August 2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Thank you so much! I would give it a try if I find the right equipments.

Comment

If you would just like to know the brew pressure from time to time and not during a shot is being extracted, perhaps something like this will do the job http://elektros.it/shop/en/equipment...check-kit.html

Comment

Looks to be the same gauge as the one from RS components.

Comment

I have one of these gauges from Elektro's, is not suitable for panel mount.

Comment

Originally posted by iampivot View Post
              I have one of these gauges from Elektro's, is not suitable for panel mount.
              Yes, it is attached to the PF.

Comment

How exactly the pressure check kit work? just wondering if the coffee will come out from the portafilter? or I have to change it after that.

Thank you guys!

Comment

It screws into your portafilter replacing the spout, and measures the static pressure which is about 1 bar above dynamic pressure. With my opv I get a reading of 9.5 bar.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCoffeeBean View Post
                    How exactly the pressure check kit work? just wondering if the coffee will come out from the portafilter? or I have to change it after that. Thank you guys!
                    No coffee will come out, because no grounds will be in there. You screw the gauge onto the portafilter instead of a spout, then lock the P/F into the collar without any basket or coffee and flick on the brew switch for long enough to get a reading of the pressure in the brew head with no actual flow. It shows the maximum pressure that will be applied to the puck. The pressure with a normal basket full of espresso ground coffee (correctly tamped), will usually be a bit less because some water is now flowing through the puck, thus reducing the pressure just a little.

Comment

Thank you guys!

Comment

Working...
                      X