Rancilio Silvia V3 & Rocky Doser best place to buy new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rancilio Silvia V3 & Rocky Doser best place to buy new

After reading about a zillion posts I have finally settled on this combination.

So far CafeItalia seem to be the best price with Cafe a Roma a close second
    Is there abywhere else that may be cheaper? I am located in Brisbane but I don't
    mind waiting for it to be shipped if need be. Will consider a near new combination as well.

Don't expect any after-purchase service from coffeeitalia. Sometimes that %10 higher cost pays back ten times. Did you try to get a quote from any cs sponsor?

Comment

Highly recommend coffee-a-roma, just bought my silvia and vario from them, amazing service.

http://www.coffee-a-roma.com.au

Comment

Re Sponsors

Originally posted by iampivot View Post
        Don't expect any after-purchase service from coffeeitalia. Sometimes that %10 higher cost pays back ten times. Did you try to get a quote from any cs sponsor?
        I have checked the sponsors websites & they either don't stock the above combo or don't compare with the above two.
        I agree the service from coffeeitalia is not likely to be there but I don't expect much to go wrong with them either.
        Was going to go with Coffee a Roma but they just had a price increase in the last week or so while I was checking
        out a pre owned machine.

Comment

A very good combo once you get the hang of using the Silvia. I'd be going the Coffee Aroma option if you can afford it - They are reputable, give good over the phone service/advice, offer free delivery and the $100 accessory is great value if you need a starter kit.

On the other hand there has been a fair bit of disgruntled debate on the net about Coffeeitalia. Agreed you're not likely to get trouble from Rancilio products. However, if you do it's fair to say you will be in a better position having bought an Australian configured machine from a local retailer. Just sayin'.........

Comment

Originally posted by muso44 View Post
            I have checked the sponsors websites & they either don't stock the above combo or don't compare with the above two.
            I agree the service from coffeeitalia is not likely to be there but I don't expect much to go wrong with them either.
            Was going to go with Coffee a Roma but they just had a price increase in the last week or so while I was checking
            out a pre owned machine.
            Don't get why you wouldn't have used the quote form (hyperlinked below)....zero cost and you might have got a closer (or better) offer. But fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by stephen28 View Post
              A very good combo once you get the hang of using the Silvia. I'd be going the Coffee Aroma option if you can afford it - They are reputable, give good over the phone service/advice, offer free delivery and the $100 accessory is great value if you need a starter kit.

On the other hand there has been a fair bit of disgruntled debate on the net about Coffeeitalia. Agreed you're not likely to get trouble from Rancilio products. However, if you do it's fair to say you will be in a better position having bought an Australian configured machine from a local retailer. Just sayin'.........
              Thanks. Coffee aroma was where I was thinking of going to first but Italia looked cheaper it was only when I went to buy from Coffee Italia today that I found out they charge $25 for delivery & I was told they drop ship so who knows when it would arrive, Also they have a 7 day return policy unopened & unused & only email contact no phone number. So coffee A roma definitely seems th ebest place just a pity I was not able to get in before the price increase.

Comment

Re Quote form

I just saw that quote form today but being a noob didnt know what it was for. Anyway by that time I had already scoured the world.

Comment

well the silvia + vario package on coffeeitalia is unbeatable, even with postage factored in.

if anyone just wants the silvia and did be keen to get it for $540 including delivery from coffeeitalia, please send me a PM, im in the market for the vario.

Comment

Coffee-a-roma is where I bought from and I have found their after sales support to be great, even from interstate.

Coffee-a-roma also do ebay auctions (or did). I saved quite a bit by bidding on a few auctions for my rocky. Got it at a significant discount compared to the price advertised on their website. Not sure if they auction the Silvia as well, but if you are a bit aptient and prepared to stalk the end of an ebay auction you can save some cash.

Highly recommend the starter kit that they supply with the Silvia for a bit extra. I got 2 cafe style rancillio cups and saucers, 2 additional baskets of slightly larger sizes, a beautiful Rancilio branded metal tamper, a container of backflushing chemical and a tamper key ring

Comment

Coffee Italia

Originally posted by muso44 View Post
                      out a pre owned machine.
                      Be careful buying from Coffee Italia - I bought a Rancilio Silvia and was really unhappy with it, sent it back within a month under their "satisfaction guarantee" policy and ordered a Gaggia at $220 less. They won't refund my money because they said I took three months to return it - which is absolute horse s#*t. The service and response times are pretty shocking. For a bit more money, I'm sure it's a lot less stressful buying elsewhere.

Comment

Welcome Chris,

They're an Italian drop ship company. In buying from them, you purchase on price, not level of service and you get a warranty located in Europe with your consumer rights.

As to why anyone would be less satisfied with a Silvia over a cheaper Gaggia machine, I cannot fathom. I'm not surprised that they are not prepared to listen.

What were your reasons for wanting to return it?
                        Last edited by TC; 6 August 2014, 01:57 PM. Reason: extra info

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                          They're an Italian drop ship company. In buying from them, you purchase on price, not level of service and you get a warranty located in Europe with your consumer rights.
                          That is incorrect. They may be a drop ship company, but they are based in Australia, and are bound by Australian consumer laws. They do offer local repair services, it is listed on their website.

I know of three people who have purchased machines from them when the prices were very low (run out). They were very happy with the service, delivery and product. They purchased Isomac machines, and they came with an Australian plug.
                          Each person is happy with their setup, and the coffee the machine produces. I have no intention of spoiling their experiences, as all three were directed to this site and the sponsors, but at that time CI had a very good deal. Even if these people experience problems, down the track (they shouldn't as the machines are well made, but misuse does happen) they are still in front. As the options being considered included a Breville, I believe they made the right choice. They certainly do, and are happy with the bling in their kitchen.
                          I have not had any direct experience with anyone who was unhappy with CI, so cannot and will not comment about that.

As always, be well aware of your rights as a consumer under Australian law. Many retailers (including the big boys) do not (or choose to have a memory lapse) and need a firm reminder.

Personally, except in a few situations, I would prefer to play with an espresso machine before buying it, as in the end, it is the tiny things that can make all the difference.

Extended warranties are a waste of money, please read the fine print. Then read up on your consumer rights.

You are much better off buying from a site sponsor if you need your hand held, and want guidance in your coffee journey.

If you want bragging rights for bling and are a risk taker, purchase overseas, and you can have lots of conversations with your mates as to how good a deal you got etc, etc.........

Each to their own journey, and may you enjoy every step of it.

Comment

ABN Lookup search results - Matching names

Lots of ABN registration and cancellations. Many not registered for GST. I recall somebody saying that a telephone service exists at their address.

Interpret that as you wish, but it smells and looks like a smokescreen. Good luck with Aust consumer law.

Comment

I can only offer my warnings about Coffee Italia and agree with Chris's comments above.

We have been on the "repair" end of may Coffee Italia customers, damaged machines on arrival, European plugs.. etc...

"Caveat emptor" !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X