Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fluid-O-Tech pump in EM6910 to lower flow rate/reduce pressure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluid-O-Tech pump in EM6910 to lower flow rate/reduce pressure?

I know I'm over-obsessing about brew pressure, but just while it's on my mind, I'm curious to know how well a Fluid-O-Tech 1106 pump would go in the EM6910. The reason for asking is that I found this thread: The importance of brew pressure, purpose of adjusting OPV? - Espresso Machines • Home-Barista.com which mentions that this pump's pressure vs flow rate curve appears to be better suited to espresso, if an OPV is not present.

Would it be a drop-in replacement for the EP5?

Would there be any problems with the back flushing with this pump?

I've received advice here recently not to worry too much about brew pressure, and I am not ignoring this advice. I am just interested in the topic and am doing research whilst it's on my mind. (even that aforementioned thread mentions that temperature is more important)

Thanks again,
    Greg.

It's not going to improve your coffee...

Comment

A coupla thou or so ought to be sufficient to purchase the the gear pump and motor from the Ambient Vesuvius as well as the 2 boards to operate it and the pressure control interface. Might be overkill on a sunbeam though

Comment

[ginormous thread bump]
        Just learnt a neat trick - it's actually possible to manually control the pressure, by carefully controlling the release of hot water, during the brew. I don't know yet whether this will improve my shots, but this simple technique will allow me to experiment, and has stopped me considering the idea of upgrading to a better machine, or fitting an OPV to this machine. (for the time being)
        ​​​​

Comment

Working...
        X