Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW Breville BES920 HELP REQUIRED PLEASE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Breville BES920 HELP REQUIRED PLEASE!

Hey guys

I have just bought a brand new Breville BES920 today and I have bought some pre ground Vittoria coffee to go with it. I am completely new to a group handle coffee machine and have watched several youtube help videos but am still having issues. When I try to produce an espresso shot I get a very bubbly espresso shot that comes out very ugly and starts off slow but gets very quick and I know that this isn't right. I need urgent help please. I am sorry if this has been answered already. I think I am tamping incorrectly or something. I have not changed any of the factory settings.

Thanks heaps.

Welcome.

Did you not get the deal where they include the breville smart grinder with the machine?

Ditch the pre ground dross and go and get yourself some freshly roasted beans from one of the many site sponsors offering them....ask for a roast date or by from some Espresso WOW from Beanbay and it will be freshly roasted for you after ordering. Oh and get a grinder if you didn't get one...that's a whole different kettle of fish, but the matching breville grinder will do a fine job.

Comment

I did get that deal However I am still awaiting the grinder as Harvey Norman were out of stock

Comment

Originally posted by reece121 View Post
        I did get that deal However I am still awaiting the grinder as Harvey Norman were out of stock
        Can I ask what you paid for the deal? I went to Harvey Norman in Penrith (NSW) today to see if they'd throw in the grinder for free and they wouldn't - wouldn't even discuss doing a deal. I know people were getting the combo for around $1200 in Dec/Jan but I can't find anything like that now.

Comment

$1400 From Moorabbin (VIC)

Comment

Tell them that on the Breville website it states that it includes the grinder!

Comment

Thanks reece121. I'm really annoyed now! I'll do some ringing around tomorrow to see where else I can get them as a package.

Comment

When I insert the portafilter into the group head it is very stiff and hard to lock in place. Is this normal??

Comment

Yes this is normal. It will bed in & loosen up with use.

Cheers, Phil

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Do you have a solution for the bubbly and fast espresso shot??

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Do you have a solution for the bubbly and fast espresso shot??
                      Use fresh coffee. When you get your grinder, and try it with some fresh beans, you'll understand.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJack View Post
                        Use fresh coffee. When you get your grinder, and try it with some fresh beans, you'll understand.
                        Don't buy your beans from a supermarket when you get your grinder. Go to a good coffee outlet and purchase fresh beans. All good stores will provide a roast date for the beans.

Comment

Hey guys
                          I get a very bubbly espresso shot that comes out very ugly and starts off slow but gets very quick and I know that this isn't right. I need urgent help please.

Thanks heaps.
                          The coffee starts slowly due to “pre-infusion”. Look it up in the instruction booklet. If after that it is coming out too fast it is because the pre-ground coffee is ground too coarse for your machine.

Barry

Comment

Thanks guys I'll try it out and let you know

Comment

My favourite coffees are Allpress Espresso and Dimattina Coffee. Would they be fresh enough to get a quality shot?

Comment

Working...
                              X