Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brasilia lady service sydney?

Hi all,

Been a member for a while but have not been active in a while.

I have a Brasilia lady machine. Internals are similar to the silvia.

It is overheating and burning the coffee. Every time I press the brew switch the heating cycles causing the coffee to burn as the water is coming out too hot.

I am looking to have it looked at but do not want to spend too much money on it.

I am in the Sydney inner west area. Any suggestions?

Reasonable prices and good at what he or she does would be great.

I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. From memory this site has been a great source of information filled with very helpful members.

Thanks

I just can't help myself...I giggle every time I read this thread's title

Comment

The 2nd sentence after the greeting also brings out the undergraduate humour in me.

Comment

I wasn't going to ask if the coffee out of this machine tastes smooth?

On a serious note, how do you know it's over heating? It would be normal for the boiler to turn on when pulling a shot as cold water is drawn into the boiler.

Cheers

Comment

I did leave myself open to ridicule. The title leaves a lot to the imagination. I promise she is just a coffee machine

Comment

Originally posted by artman View Post
            I wasn't going to ask if the coffee out of this machine tastes smooth?

On a serious note, how do you know it's over heating? It would be normal for the boiler to turn on when pulling a shot as cold water is drawn into the boiler.

Cheers
            Having similar issue with the silvia. The silvia is not as bad. What happens when I disperse any water, the light switches on. I wait and disperse more water in order to remove the steam. I then place the group handle and the light engages once more, thus engaging the boiler once more. Effectively burning the coffee
            Last edited by latte_boy; 26 July 2014, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Is the water gurgling and boiling when you activate the group or is it simply hot with some steam coming off ?

If it's not gurgling/spitting/boiling then that sounds normal. What makes you think it's too hot?

Do you have something to measure the temp with?

Cheers

Comment

Items the water is gurgling and spitting. That is what makes me think it's too hot. I think I may have to buy myself a kit in order to measure and investigate things further

Comment

Working...
                X