How to forget Silvia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to forget Silvia

Well, last week I cracked a large number of years with a zero at the end. My wife organised a week of family celebrations at a rented house in the Blue Mountains. Kids, grandkids, etc... but I was going to be parted from Silvia for a whole week. I resolved to take my single-shot mocha pot and my Baratza Preciso.

The first cup was rubbish. I tweaked the grind and quantity, and got a better result. And so it went on.

By the end of the week I was getting some crema, and I was thinking, "Why do I need Silvia?", "Is she that good?" "This is much simpler" "She requires to much work" and so on..

The we came home, and I thought, "well I'll just do one shot". WOW!

What was I thinking? How could I forget Silvia?

Gonzo

Don't know what you've got till it's gone

Comment

I certainly won't forget Silvia, she provided me with 10 years of excellent coffee without so much as a single hiccup, gone for almost 5 years now, however, will always have a place in my heart, great little machine.

Comment

As a Silvia owner with hx envy it's nice to hear stories like this.

Comment

After 5 amazing years with her, upgraditis hit for HX, but she will hold a special place in my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by gonzob View Post
            Well, last week I cracked a large number of years with a zero at the end. My wife organised a week of family celebrations at a rented house in the Blue Mountains. Kids, grandkids, etc... but I was going to be parted from Silvia for a whole week. I resolved to take my single-shot mocha pot and my Baratza Preciso.

The first cup was rubbish. I tweaked the grind and quantity, and got a better result. And so it went on.

By the end of the week I was getting some crema, and I was thinking, "Why do I need Silvia?", "Is she that good?" "This is much simpler" "She requires to much work" and so on..

The we came home, and I thought, "well I'll just do one shot". WOW!

What was I thinking? How could I forget Silvia?

Gonzo
            ever tried a Bacchi?, that would be good for those away-from-home espresso brewing

but i like your story its good

Comment

When you upgrade, just keep the Silvia as a traveller. It's perfect for it

Comment

That's an awesome traveller!! Especially compared with my aeropress

Comment

Originally posted by Grummer View Post
                  ever tried a Bacchi?, that would be good for those away-from-home espresso brewing

but i like your story its good
                  Hmm Bacchi....I usually make only a single espresso. Is there an option for a single spout on the Bacchi units?

Gonzo

Comment

Originally posted by gonzob View Post
                    Hmm Bacchi....I usually make only a single espresso. Is there an option for a single spout on the Bacchi units?

Gonzo
                    Yep, there's a little metal plug that you use to seal the spout not being used.

Comment

Cool. Thanks BOS.

Comment

Working...
                      X