PID Blew Up - Looking for replacement SYL 1512B part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PID Blew Up - Looking for replacement SYL 1512B part

Was using my Silvia and heard an electrical component blow in my machine. Discovered it was my Auber PID (SYL 1512B) PID unit that blew up. Distinct electrical burning smell coming from the unit. Opened it up and it looks nasty (see pic).

Checked all other wires and connections throughout my Silvia and all looks good. Wanted to make sure that nothing unusual caused it to blow. Had it a fw years and must have been on it's last legs.

Originally purchased PID from Jetblack Espresso in Sydney. Have emailed them for info. Have also emailed Auber Instruments to see if they can provide a replacement part. I don't need to buy the whole kit again, just the SYL 1512B PID Controller.

Auber has an SYL 1512A Universal PID but apparently this is not entirely suitable for the purpose - Universal 1/32 DIN PID Temperature Controller Universal 1/32 DIN PID Temperature Controller [SYL-1512A] - $37.56 : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry. Need the SYL 1512B PID controller as it is specifically modified for home espresso brewing applications.

Wondering of anyone knows if I can easily get one of these from an Australian supplier?

Cheers
    Attached Files

G'day Adrian...

Have you tried contacting Auber Instruments direct? They are a very helpful company and should be able to steer you the right way...

Mal.

Comment

Thanks Mal

Yes I sent them an email. Hope to hear back from them soon.

Adrian

Comment

Hi Adrian,

We keep spares for the Auber kits. I haven't seen your email yet ...

charlie

Comment

Hi Charlie

I'll give you guys a call at the store then

Cheers
          Adrian

Comment

Working...
          X