Gaggia Platinum Panarello attachment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaggia Platinum Panarello attachment?

G'day snobs new to the site and finding a lot of useful topics, so thought i'd add a new one for a newbie
    I've purchased a Gaggia coffee machine from a good mate as he and his other half moved into their newly built home, everything works fine but I notice that the steam wand doesn't have any attachment on it. Instead, it is simply just a thin (relatively short) steam pipe and I am finding it a little difficult to froth milk due to the leangth. It seems an attachement is the way to go for extra leangth + better froth. Is this true?
    If so, where could i possibly get one? I've been scouring the internet and not having much luck in finding one in Australia?

The Gaggia Platinum uses the same panarello as the Saeco Odea and Talea machines, among others.
    Gaggia is owned by Saeco, all the parts are basically the same except the bodywork and materials in the Gaggia's tend to be more metal and of higher quality.

You can find the panarello in two styles, black plastic (much cheaper) or chrome. I would suggest the chrome one for the quality. These can be bought on ebay for around $25 or locally for upwards of $50 (good one Australia).
    I would suggest contacting Southside Electronics for the part as they are a reliable spares dealer for Saeco machines.

Comment

Great thanks noidlle22

I found a few on eBay and many of them are coming from Bulgaria and only 1 in australia but looks like it is just the tip not the whole kit to connect it together?

Do these attachments actually help on creating thicker froth? The thin stem that is currently on there seems to make it relatively difficult?

Comment

Yes, this machine requires the panarello wand to steam the milk. The tube that the panarello attaches to has a large tip and is not designed to froth milk, this is why you would struggle with it.

The chrome ones I have found to perform quite well and with a bit of practice and blocking the small air intake hole, you can make decent microfoam. I have a Saeco Incanto Deluxe at the shop and they have a similar chrome panarello wand to the Platinum and it is extremely capable and can produce milk froth of the quality of most prosumer machines.

When you buy the wand you should get the black rubber grip, the chrome sleeve and the plastic insert. The rubber grip slides on the steam wand first (friction should hold it there or there may be a small notch in the wand which the grip will lock into) then you push the plastic insert into the chrome sleeve then push the sleeve onto the rubber grip.

These are the components you need for a complete panarello wand:

Comment

Originally posted by noidle22 View Post
          Yes, this machine requires the panarello wand to steam the milk. The tube that the panarello attaches to has a large tip and is not designed to froth milk, this is why you would struggle with it.

The chrome ones I have found to perform quite well and with a bit of practice and blocking the small air intake hole, you can make decent microfoam. I have a Saeco Incanto Deluxe at the shop and they have a similar chrome panarello wand to the Platinum and it is extremely capable and can produce milk froth of the quality of most prosumer machines.

When you buy the wand you should get the black rubber grip, the chrome sleeve and the plastic insert. The rubber grip slides on the steam wand first (friction should hold it there or there may be a small notch in the wand which the grip will lock into) then you push the plastic insert into the chrome sleeve then push the sleeve onto the rubber grip.

These are the components you need for a complete panarello wand:

Noidile, I found the 3 cards required for the machine and all is in stock from SSE. I am wondering though once all the black connections are on the steam wand, would I be able to attach different kinds of pannarrelo tips to those connectors? Like a pen styled tip with a smaller opening at the end etc?

Comment

No unfortunately not with this design of wand. DeLonghi and some Saeco machine's (eg via venezia) panarello wands have that style with the smaller insert which can be used like a normal steam wand.

You shouldn't have many troubles with the panarello on your machine though, it is pretty good.
            If you find it draws too much air in and creates big bubbles, find the small hole which will probably bo near the top of the chrome piece which draws in the extra air. Block this off and performance will improve.

Comment

Working...
            X