X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gminoz View Post
    oops, dropbox link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlrrwv5hf7...11101.jpg?dl=0

Not sure how old it is, s/n is ST006, scratched on by previous owner I guess
    Nice looking Brugnetti.

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
      Nice looking Brugnetti.
      Thanks LeroyC. They are a solid, simple machine. The Iberital grinder seems to work well with the Simona, so I can only blame myself for bad coffee!

Comment

New and looking at a used Brugnetti Simona

I found a Brugnetti Simona used on Craigslist for $500. It looks to be in very good condition and was mostly decoration on someones countertop. I don't think its a top because it has the cup buttons in the top left of the controls. I can't seem to find any info on this model. What are the differences between this one and the top? I'm on the fence about buying it because of the lack of information online.

Thank you for your help.

It looks like this one: http://www.londonespresso.com/photo/SI_MA.JPG

(Just figured out how to edit my post)
        Last edited by Stt022; 6 December 2015, 06:29 AM. Reason: updated photo

Comment

Hey mate,

Yeah that's the base level Simona. Here's the same pic but showing the basic specs if you haven't seen them already.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449371545.996865.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	741324

Comment

Originally posted by LeroyC View Post
            Hey mate,

Yeah that's the base level Simona. Here's the same pic but showing the basic specs if you haven't seen them already.

[ATTACH]11120[/ATTACH]
            What would a good price be on a very lightly used unit? I can't find any references and the seller is looking to get $500 USD.

Comment

I don't know what prices these go for in the US but my TOP cost me $350AUD a few years ago (when the Aussie dollar was probably at parity with the US). Mine needed a lot of cleaning up though.
              I'd image $500 US would be a bit on the high side. That said, an HX at that price is probably hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by tristanp View Post
                I don't know what prices these go for in the US but my TOP cost me $350AUD a few years ago (when the Aussie dollar was probably at parity with the US). Mine needed a lot of cleaning up though.
                I'd image $500 US would be a bit on the high side. That said, an HX at that price is probably hard to find.
                Yeah I agree. It's hard to put a price on things and you can't always compare as it's somewhat relative to each particular situation. I bought my Simona Top DE about 18months ago for AUS$440, which at the time was about US$420. It's in pretty good nick with a couple of extra touches like an insulated boiler, new OPV set to 10bar and braided hoses. I've already upgraded the steam wand and treated some rust. So compared to mine $500 might be a bit high. But then again if it's in really good condition it's still a good price. The only other small HX you could possibly find for that price would be a NS Oscar. At the end of the day it's up to you and what you'd feel comfortable paying. My opinion is that it's fair without being a bargain.

Comment

So I ended up getting it. Luckily I talked him down on the price because the non-top version pictured above is actually a single boiler unit, not a HX as you noted above (and what I originally thought it was). The guy had no clue what type it was and I didn't know the Simona came in a single boiler version. So I may have paid a little more than I should have but the thing looks like its brand new and runs perfectly. I'm not planning on making a bunch of drinks at a time so this will work for what I need.

Comment

HX or not it's still a quality machine. People would happily pay that price for other single boilers so as long as you're happy with it that's the main thing. It'd be good to see a photo or two. Hope you enjoy it.

Comment

I think I have to post a few more times before I can attach photos.

Comment

hmmm must be more than 10 posts...

Comment

Since I need more posts I do have a question. Where is the best place to purchase parts. Mainly new gaskets. I'd like to change them since the machine is older.

Comment

If you can't get them locally, coffeeparts.com.au has a variety of parts for these machines.

Comment

Working...
                            X